Saturday, April 23, 2022

πŸ’₯ Things can often become a burden, especially as you grow older.

 
(Comments by Joan Boney)

Three or four times I fell at my house in Texas.  Since physical movement became limited for me, I began to desire to have all my things within arms length, and also to have fewer things.

In his wisdom, Solomon said:

Ecclesiastes 3:1 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:

When I moved from Texas to Colorado to live in the home of Pam Padgett, I moved into a small bedroom in her house.  I have all my things in that one room.  And it is everything I need!  I'm so glad at this point in time not to have the burden of a big house and property!

It is amazing how little we actually need!

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

1 Timothy 6

5 Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.

6 But godliness with contentment is great gain.

(contentment:  Not desiring more or something different!)

7 For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.

8 And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Colossians 1

1 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.

2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.

3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.

4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with HIM  in glory.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Matthew 6  Jesus says:

19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:

20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:

21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Lay up "treasure" in heaven by reading the Bible, collecting verses of scripture given to you by the Holy Spirit, doing those verses while you live on this earth, conforming yourself to the image of Christ.

This is real treasure that will never fail nor perish.  It is good for this life and for the life to come!

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

During my life I've had many wonderful things.  Now I have what I truly need and enjoy.  I find I am daily thankful for the food I have, and raiment, and that there is no lack in my life, and especially thankful that I do not live in a war zone on this present earth.

I don't have to travel and wrestle with all the problems that brings.  

One of my church friends once said to me:  "Have you ever noticed how much trouble and work you have to go through to enjoy yourself?"

Our life truly is "hid in Christ."  It looks to others like we have no life.

But our life is hid in Christ and when HE appears then our life appears in HIM!

Godliness with contentment truly is great gain!

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯