Friday, April 15, 2022

πŸ’₯ Bible shows God dislikes it when we "murmur". (Complain)

 
Numbers 14:26  And the men, which Moses sent to search the land, who returned, and made all the congregation to murmur against him, by bringing up a slander upon the land,

murmur:  an indistinct, continuous or confidential complaint against another person or thing; complaining; continuous negative talk which discourages another person or pulls down another person

Opposite to murmur:  Numbers 13:30  And Caleb stilled the people before Moses, and said, Let us go up at once, and possess it; for we are well able to overcome it.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Lately I've been trying to correct myself on needlessly saying what I don't like.  I catch what I am about to say and I deliberately think of something I do like and say, "I  really like the way that turned out."

It is not a matter of lying about your feeling, but rather picking out something you genuinely like and commenting on that thing instead of complaining about the other.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Other scriptures concerning "murmur".

Numbers 14:27  God says:  How long shall I bear with this evil congregation, which murmur against ME? I have heard the murmurings of the children of Israel, which they murmur against ME.

1 Corinthians 10:10   Neither murmur ye, as some of them also murmured, and were destroyed of the destroyer.

John 6:43  Jesus therefore answered and said unto them, Murmur not among yourselves.

Exodus 16:8  And Moses said, This shall be, when the LORD shall give you in the evening flesh to eat, and in the morning bread to the full; for that the LORD heareth your murmurings which ye murmur against HIM: and what are we? your murmurings are not against us, but against the LORD.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Often I just sit and talk to God about all that I am thankful for.

Philippians 4:6  Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

It is important to give warning however so others will not suffer needlessly.

Pam Padgett is thinking of replacing her oven in kitchen.  One night I was reminded of the very loud fan on the ovens at the house I built in Texas.  I warned Pam.  She went online and read reviews and there were many people upset with their ovens which were purchased between the years 2005-2015.

Perhaps this has been corrected by this time but it is really difficult to live with one of those loud fan ovens when you have an open house design where oven is near your living area.

I am a positive type person but I have noticed lately I've been speaking negatively about things or TV people when there is no need for such.  I think I talked this over with God and asked HIM to help me.  And the idea came to me to stop myself from speaking negative and think of something I like and comment on that instead.

Needless negative talk does pull other people down and does harm.  And I see from Bible that God does not like us to do that.  Instead we should focus on being grateful to God for the good HE has given us.

Philippians 4:8  Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯