Wednesday, April 20, 2022

πŸ’₯ Building our works on the word from God.

I Corinthians 3

11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ. (The Word of God)

13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.

15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

A Jewish woman who said she believed in Jesus told me that "God had ordained her to sell my house for me."  I doubted that!  I had just hired a realtor that same morning.  The house sold in 2 days.

When I was injured by a fall I was examined at hospital and sent back home, the physicians saying this was broken in an area of my upper arm which did not require surgery.  However it was very painful and I could hardly move.  One of our church members tried to help me but I could see she was not able to do this so I hired home help care.  This church member said I was taking her assignment from God away from her by hiring these people.  But I knew the work with me was wearing her down.  Later she said she was glad I had hired the home help care.

Often people think God has assigned them to do something which is not the case.

Jesus says:

Matthew 7

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

(It was not God who assigned them to do that work.)

Always remember:  God's yoke is easy and HIS burden is light!  So if the work was given to us by God that work will be easy for us to do and will be "light".

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

When the work is assigned to us by God and we faithfully do that work, we will receive reward.

God assigned a work for Joshua to do in taking Moses place after Moses died.

Joshua 1

1 Now after the death of Moses the servant of the LORD it came to pass, that the LORD spake unto Joshua the son of Nun, Moses' minister, saying,

(God also speaks to us when HE calls us to do something.  He brings a word to our mind by HIS Holy Spirit telling us the assignment or God might give us a dream.)

2 Moses my servant is dead; now therefore arise, go over this Jordan, thou, and all this people, unto the land which I do give to them, even to the children of Israel.

Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

When God assigns us to do something and we do that thing, signs follow confirming the work to be from the Holy Spirit.

In February 2022, I awoke one morning at 7 am knowing to contact and reconcile with two women who had left me two or three years earlier.  Immediately I got out of bed and sent emails to these women saying, "I just want you to know I wish you well in all things as you go forward."

Was that God telling me to do this?

Confirmation came from one of the women who said she had been feeling that she was going to be hearing from me and had even started looking for me to appear on her emails, "and now it has happened."

I have found that God often confirms to me that what I have done was assigned by HIM.

Mark 16:20  And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

I believe devils try to imitate God and assign us works to do.

But remember:  God's yoke is easy and HIS burden is light.  (Matthew 11:30)

James 3

13 Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom.

14 But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth.

15 This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish.

16 For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.

17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

A man who was from another country which was around the world from me contacted me.  He said he was a minister and he said God told him to get me to come help HIM like God told Paul in the "man from Macedonia" vision. 

But I didn't believe this was God.

* I was 81 years old at that time and partially crippled.  It would likely have killed me to try to travel.

* This would have been very expensive.  I have found when men ask me to travel around the world they never offer to help me with expenses.

* I would have to abandon my own work assigned by God (blog and podcasts) to be able to do this travel.

* It would be a very difficult yoke for me and would likely destroy me.

John 10:10  Jesus says:  The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

We must carefully evaluate what we do to be sure the assignment is from God.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯