Sunday, April 3, 2022

Podcast: Faith is evidence that we believe

 

 
 
Hebrews 11

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Our faith in God and in that which God has said to us is evidence that we believe.

When I fell at my house in Texas and the ambulance workers were rolling me on a gurney past my front door, I heard a word from God.

"You'll never see this house again."

I even rejoiced at that which I heard for I knew God had another place prepared for me and it would even be better than that place which I was leaving.

I put my house up for sale even from the hospital.

One of our church group said to me, "I just don't see how you can do this."

I replied:  "I've heard from God that I will never see this house again."

I was in rehabilitation hospitals for the next 2 l/2 months, after which God moved me directly from the hospital in Texas to Colorado Springs, Colorado.

I never saw that house in Texas again, just as God said to me as they were taking me to the hospital in Texas.

The "evidence" of what I did by putting that house up for sale showed my faith in that which God had said to me about that house.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Faith is one of the spiritual gifts.

I Corinthians 12

7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.

For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;

9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;

10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:

11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as HE will.

12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.

13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

I just know God will do all that HE says HE will do.
 

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯