Sunday, April 17, 2022

πŸ’₯ Following the leading of the Spirit of God

 
Comments by Joan Boney:

This week, I went with Pam Padgett to Home Depot.  

I was sitting in the car, waiting for Pam. 

I was reading, when all of a sudden I heard very loud "bang" on the outside of my side of the car door.

I looked and saw in the car next to me the face of a middle aged woman.  Apparently she had lost control of the driver's side door and it had banged into the passenger side door of our car where I was sitting.

The woman seemed briefly frozen by what she had done, and especially that I was staring at her face as she reached for her car door to pull the door to. 

(We looked directly into each other's faces for a few seconds.)

Then the Holy Spirit reminded me of the following scriptures:

John 14:26  ...   Jesus says:  (HE, The Holy Spirit, will)  bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Then I heard:

2 Peter 3:10    But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.  11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,

I knew God was saying to me:  "All these things will be destroyed by ME.  It doesn't really matter if the car has a scratch on it's door."

I said nothing to the woman and the next time I looked she had driven away.

(I didn't think to look at the door of the car after we got home.  I didn't even remember this had happened until I got ready to report it to you.)


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯