Sunday, April 3, 2022

πŸ’₯ Abstain from all appearance of evil. (I Thessalonians 5:22)

 
Comments by Joan Boney:

In 2001, I began building a house in Lubbock, Texas.  I bought a small house to live in until the house was finished.

In 2003, my contractor told me I could put my small house up for sale because the construction project would be finished within a matter of weeks.  

So I put the small house up for sale and it sold within a few days.  

Where would I live?

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

I was engaged to be married at that time, and Howard said I could move into his apartment.  But this didn't seem right to me.  People would think evil when they saw I was staying at his house.  

Also Howard's apartment was so small, I felt we would need more space for the two of us to live in without a lot of friction.   

(And truthfully, I didn't want to be around Howard that much. I never should have planned to marry him, and it would have been wrong for him too. As humans beings we can plan some pretty stupid things but I've often seen God save me from my own plans!  And I thank God for this.)

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

I'm sure I prayed asking God what to do about where to live.

The idea came to me that perhaps I could have my contractor finish the upstairs room at the construction project.  I could store my furniture from the small house in the garage at the new house.

I had not planned to finish the upstairs room at that time but I felt this was the best thing to do since the buyers of the small house wanted to move in by mid-month.

I asked the contractor if he could do that and he said he could.  I lived upstairs from July till October when the downstairs was finished.

Another problem.   Finishing the upstairs added money to the building of the house and I fell $35,000 short.  I told the contractor just to put the house up for sale for I could not pay that additional cost of $35,000, but the contractor refused to do that.

Then God gave me a dream:  I was in my kitchen of the new house and a meteor was hovering outside the kitchen window.  Then it lifted and went over the top of the house.  I was waiting for it to explode and destroy me and the house.  But nothing happened.

Then God brought the following scripture to my mind.

Isaiah 65

21 And they shall build houses, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and eat the fruit of them.

22 They shall not build, and another inhabit; they shall not plant, and another eat: for as the days of a tree are the days of my people, and mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands.

23 They shall not labour in vain, nor bring forth for trouble; for they are the seed of the blessed of the LORD, and their offspring with them.

24 And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear.

I told our little church group what had happened and one of the women came forth and said she would loan me the $35,000 to pay for the house.  She had extra money and she said, "How can I sit here with this money and see a member of the body of Christ in need."  So I took the money and paid the contractor.  Within 6 months I was able to repay her in full the amount she loaned to me.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

(Howard and I broke up in September.)

I lived in that house in Lubbock for the next 17 years.  When I fell in 2018, I could no longer live alone.  God worked it out for me to live in the home of a church member in Colorado.  

She had just finished the construction on her house to covert one of her downstairs rooms into a bedroom and she had added a shower to her 1/2 bath.  I moved into her house February 24, 2019 and sold the house in Texas.  As a result of this consolidation of housing, we both have far more money than we had living alone and she helps me since I am partially crippled.  Also she does all technical work for the publication of the blog, the books on Amazon, and the Podcasts.  It is much easier to live in the same location.  

I've lived here 3 years and it has been wonderful to live with another member of the body of Christ ... and with her animals, and my cat!

God knows the future and HE plans the way we are to go.  You can always trust God.  God will never fail you!

And if something has the "appearance of evil" (I Thessalonians 5:22) against the scripture, don't do it.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯