Saturday, April 16, 2022

πŸ’₯ Be sure God has told you to do "that".

 

When we do a work, we must be sure God has told us to do "that" thing.

Proverbs 14:12  There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

There are things I would like to do that are not authored by God and I know I could never hold up physically to do what I would like to do.

I would like to go on local radio and a few weeks after going on radio have a meeting at one of the local libraries for the radio audience.  

But I know I could not hold up physically.  I could do such but it really might "kill" me or shorten my time on this earth and I know that.

God gave me the assignments of blog, books, and Podcast which I can do without draining me physically.  I do these assignments from my bedroom without the stress of people or having to dress. (I'm 84 now!)

It is important to understand that unless God authors that specific work, we might be going in a way of death or destruction.

And Jesus tells us:

Matthew 7

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of MY Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to ME in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in THY name? and in THY name have cast out devils? and in THY name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from ME, ye that work iniquity.

(That "good work" they did in the name of Jesus was not authored by God for them to do.)

Examples:

* The artist Vincent Van Gogh wanted to be a minister. He went to theology school but was so inferior that the people in charge of the church school didn't want to use him for ministry.  Eventually he became a painter.

* A man was trying to do ministry work during the summers and he started telling me the cities he had gone to but I stopped him and asked, "How did God tell you to do this ministry work?"  This man was speechless, unable to tell me.  It was just his own desire.  Many people try to do good works which God has not authored.

* A woman from our church group wanted to help me but it was not an assignment given to her by God and when she tried to do what she wanted to do she found me to be a terrible burden to her and she had to get out of her plan.

* A young married couple quit their secular jobs and moved to Israel.  A week or so later they were back at church in Dallas.  "What happened?" We asked.  They said it was impossible for them to work in Israel because they didn't know the language.  We'd think common sense would have told them their plan was not authored by God.  But people become very religious in church groups and want to do something for God when they weren't assigned by God to do that thing.  

* Years ago, I was attending a church in Dallas when I woman came to me from the congregation and said, "I want to do what you do."  I replied, "You do?"

Look again at what Jesus says in the above scripture:  (Matthew 7:21-23)  It is a bad work they try to do though it seems "good" for God did not tell them to do this work.

We must always ask ourselves:  "Did God assign me to do this work?" 

* God put me on radio in 1980 by speaking 3 words to me as I was asleep in the night:  "Hartford, Seattle, KWJS"  I believe this was an angel of God speaking to me.  The voice was so loud that it awoke me from sleep.  Then when I asked God if HE was telling me to go on radio, I also said to God, "I wouldn't know how to do that."  And the Holy Spirit said to me by bringing this thought to my mind, "Call the radio station manager."  I did that and the radio station manager told me to make an audition tape 29 1/2 minutes long and send the tape to them and if I fit their broadcasting they would offer me a contract.  I made the tape immediately and put it in the mail and within about 5 days I was on radio exhorting the church on KWJS.

* In 2012, God gave me a dream in the night whereby I was led to start publishing exhortations for the church on a blog.

* In 2020, God showed me by a dream to begin recording and publishing Podcasts.

We have to be led by God in all our works, both spiritual works and natural works, or our works could end up being judged as evil by Jesus in the day of judgment, even when they seem "good" to ourselves and others.

(Read again what Jesus says in Matthew 7:21-23)

 
πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Matthew 24  (Jesus said)

24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of MINE, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.

26 And every one that heareth these sayings of MINE, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:

27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.
 

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯