Monday, April 25, 2022

πŸ’₯ Romans 12:18

 
If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Basically this means, as much as it depends on you, live in peace.  Choose to walk away.  Avoid war.

We can pray, turning the matter over to God.

After prayer, if God shows us HE wants us to speak, then we speak.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Paul told Timothy:

2 Timothy 2:23  But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.

Paul also told the church:

Titus 3:9 But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.

Romans 16:17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.

I have learned to refrain from calling them and chatting with them.  I resist the temptation to call such persons asking, "How are you doing?"

James 4:4  ... know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

To try to show yourself to be a friend of this world, to aid and support this world in their actions, will put you into a position of being an enemy of God.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Often when I have happened upon a person who troubles me by his or her conversation, with whom I have done business, such a hair stylist and such, I just do not return to that business.

If you leave and keep being troubled by that which the person said or did, take the matter to God in prayer and allow God to settle you.  Then avoid that person until God shows otherwise.  

Put yourself in a place where you can live in peace.

II Corinthians 6:14  Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

Keeping ourselves in a state of peace is the important issue as we wait for the return of Jesus.

2 Peter 3

13 Nevertheless we, according to HIS promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

14 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of HIM in peace, without spot, and blameless.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Recently a young man came to our house to see about doing a job for us in sound proofing the basement.  He said he was the son of a pastor who was no longer living.  He told us of a "revelation" he had received concerning a certain scripture.  (I couldn't understand what he was talking about.)  He told us something else I couldn't understand.

When he returned a second time to our house concerning the basement job, I just didn't go near him.

I held my peace this way.

They almost had the job finished when Pam Padgett found out they had not gotten a building permit to do the job.  She talked with him about this and was disturbed.  This is the first thing he should have done but didn't do.  He agreed to get the permit.  They stopped work on the project.  Since it is in the basement and almost finished, we aren't being disturbed as we live through the "unfinished" job.  I was certain he would finish the job.  Pam was settled by God telling her she would not have to fight this battle.  God would fight for us. 

I think one reason I am living in peace where he is concerned is I have avoided having "spiritual" conversations with him.  In fact, I haven't spoken to him at all since that first visit when he told me his "revelations" about a portion of Bible, which I couldn't understand.  

I'm sure the job will be completed and we are living in peace because of what God has done with us concerning the matter.

At some point, he will want to get the remainder of the money so he will finish the job.   And the job will be done well because I asked God at the beginning of the project to see that they did good work on the project!



πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯