Wednesday, April 27, 2022

πŸ’₯ Politics: Thinking that governments of men are our answer and stirring up hatred against the other political party.

 
I was very shocked once when a Baptist woman told me they were registering people to vote at her Baptist Church group!

As Christians our hope is not in governments of men, but in God and what HE tells us by HIS Spirit.

(A few years later this same Baptist woman said to me, "There's no hope in politics.")

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Our hope is in God.

The apostle Paul says:

Philippians 4:19  But my God shall supply all your need according to HIS riches in glory by Christ Jesus (the Word).

Psalm 23:1-6  The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.  2 HE maketh me to lie down in green pastures: HE leadeth me beside the still waters. 3 HE restoreth my soul: HE leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for His name's sake.

4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for THOU art with me; THY rod and THY staff they comfort me.

5 THOU preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: THOU anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Do you really consider politics and governments of men to be your hope?

We have the Holy Spirit of God in us to lead us and guide us and teach us and even to show us things to come.  (John 14:26 & John 16:13)

If our pasture begins to dry out, God will likely move us to new pastures.  God leads us by the still waters.

Politics is filled with trouble.  Hatred of the other party is rampantly taught.  There is no peace in this.  And it is not our salvation.

God takes care of us and guides us wherever we are, day and night.  For the Holy Spirit is in us and always shows us the way of God and the will of God.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

I do not vote and I am not registered for any political party.

Paul tells us to pray for our kings and rulers that we might live in peace.  I do pray sometimes for the rulers of governments of men.

I Timothy 2:1-2   I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;  2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.

πŸ’₯  I did pray that God not allow Donald Trump to fire a nuclear device when he was president of the United States.

πŸ’₯  I have prayed a few times for President Biden that he would not take us into a war.

But I would not vote for either man or sanction any worldly man for anything.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

And I do not desire riches from men.  I want my "riches" to come from God as Abraham did when the king of Sodom offered him riches.

Genesis 14

21 And the king of Sodom said unto Abram, Give me the persons, and take the goods to thyself.

22 And Abram said to the king of Sodom, I have lift up mine hand unto the LORD, the most high God, the possessor of heaven and earth,

23 That I will not take from a thread even to a shoelatchet, and that I will not take any thing that is thine, lest thou shouldest say, I have made Abram rich:

When I read this scripture more than 40 years ago, I swore the same thing to God:  "I want my wealth to come from YOU."

I do not gamble and hope to win the lottery.  That is an appalling thought to me!

I want my provision to come from God ... and it does.  God has supported me and provided all my needs, exceedingly abundantly above all I can ask or even think!  (Eph. 3:20)

I would not want to trade God's provision for man's provision.

But on TV news, I see groups do this all the time, thinking governments of men to be their hope.

During WWII, the German people were afraid not to vote for Adolph Hitler.

I think I would have been praying for God to move me to another country.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯