Tuesday, April 5, 2022

πŸ’₯ Paul speaks of those who divide the body of Christ.

 

I Corinthians 1

10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

11 For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them which are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you.

12 Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.

(One says, "I'm Baptist." another "I'm Methodist." bringing division to the body of Christ.)

13 Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

I Corinthians 3

1  And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.

2  I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.

3 For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?

4 For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?

Those who tell which church they attend bring immediate division to the church.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Beware of bringing divisions to the body of Christ.

People think they testify of God when they tell others which church they attend, but really they testify to their church, not to God. And they bring division to the body of Christ this way.

Tell what God has done for you.  Edify the church through testimonies of the work of God.  Build faith in God when you speak. Or share a scripture, the Word of God, Jesus.

All who are born of God's Spirit and given a new heart by God and a new Spirit by God to serve HIM in this life are Christians.  We carry the Spirit of God in us.

We are the church.

Magnify God when you speak.  Share what God has done as brought to your mind by God's Spirit.  For that will be of God HIMSELF and what God wants done.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯