Saturday, April 2, 2022

Podcast: Building a root system to enable you to do the Word of God




Mark 4  (Jesus says)

3 Hearken; Behold, there went out a sower to sow:

4 And it came to pass, as he sowed, some fell by the way side, and the fowls of the air came and devoured it up.

5 And some fell on stony ground, where it had not much earth; and immediately it sprang up, because it had no depth of earth:

6 But when the sun was up, it was scorched; and because it had no root, it withered away.

7 And some fell among thorns, and the thorns grew up, and choked it, and it yielded no fruit.

8 And other fell on good ground, and did yield fruit that sprang up and increased; and brought forth, some thirty, and some sixty, and some an hundred.

14 The sower soweth the word.

15 And these are they by the way side, where the word is sown; but when they have heard, Satan cometh immediately, and taketh away the word that was sown in their hearts.

16 And these are they likewise which are sown on stony ground; who, when they have heard the word, immediately receive it with gladness;

17 And have no root in themselves, and so endure but for a time: afterward, when affliction or persecution ariseth for the word's sake, immediately they are offended.

18 And these are they which are sown among thorns; such as hear the word,

19 And the cares of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, and the lusts of other things entering in, choke the word, and it becometh unfruitful.

20 And these are they which are sown on good ground; such as hear the word, and receive it, and bring forth fruit, some thirtyfold, some sixty, and some an hundred.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

(Comments by Joan Boney)

To develop a good root system for the word to grow in us:  

We keep that word before us day and night, thinking on that word, and applying that word to our lives by doing that word.

Joshua 1:8  This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Collect scriptures that are illuminated to you by the Holy Spirit:

As we read the Bible, the Holy Spirit will cause certain scriptures to stand out to us. 

Put those scriptures into a collection of scriptures so you can focus on those verses, making them a part of your life.

I make a screen print of those scriptures, adding them to my Kindle tablet photo album.  Sometimes I review them each morning and before I go to sleep at night.  Other times, God will call them to my attention and I will go to my Photo Album and review them again.  I'm always strengthened and comforted when God reminds me to look at these scripture again.

As new scriptures are given me through the years, I add those scriptures to my collection of scriptures and meditate on them to enable me to do them in my life, thus making them a part of my life by doing those verses.

James 1

22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

Sometimes I send myself an email of scriptures and then send that email to my Kindle Photo Album.

Sometimes I make a copy of some of the scriptures in our blog and put that in my Kindle Photo Album.

The collection of scriptures are personal, given to me through the years by God to fit what I need, and they help me greatly and I endure, continuing to do the word.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Jesus warns us about the end times:

Matthew 24

12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
 

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯