Saturday, April 16, 2022

πŸ’₯ Ephesians 4:29

 
Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

The words we speak should built the other person in the faith in God:  thus edify.

Several years ago, I saw this scripture and began to focus on doing this scripture.

I kept this scripture before me day and night and before I spoke to someone, I evaluated what it was that I was about to speak:  If I speak this, will it edify the other person?  Will it cause gratitude to God?

During that time I was tested:  I had gone to my neighbor's house.  It was the year Mrs. Clinton was running for president of USA.  Although I am a non-political person, I found myself wanting to say, "And what do you think about the election?"

But I was controlled by Ephesians 4:29 ... Will that edify and bring grace to God if I say that?

The desire to speak that became so strong I finally got up and went home.

I Corinthian 10:13  There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.
 

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯