Thursday, June 11, 2015

Worshiping God in vain through tradition of men

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Jesus said ... 9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men. Mt. 15

 23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth:for the Father seeketh such to worship him. 24 God is a Spirit:and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.  Jn. 4

One tradition of men today in the churches is calling crackers & grape juice, "The Lord's Supper", and passing such around in the congregation.  This was set up by fleshly eyes who read scripture with fleshly eyes and has been copied over and over in churches by other fleshly people.

The Lord's supper is the eating and drinking of The Word of God.

Jesus said:  48 I am that bread of life. (Jesus is THE WORD and HE, THE WORD is that bread of life.)

49 Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead. 50 This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die. 

51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven:if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever:and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world. 

52 The Jews therefore strove among themselves, saying, How can this man give us his flesh to eat? 

53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you. 

54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. 55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.

(Truly the Word of God is meat indeed and drink indeed.)

56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him. 

57 As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father:so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me. 

58 This is that bread which came down from heaven:not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead:he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.  Jn. 6

All this pertains to eating and drinking the Word of God.  By the Word of God we commune with God, correcting ourselves, being reformed into the image of God, knowing the will of God, seeing the way of God.

The Word of God is the Lord's supper.

==========

Another void doctrine of men is the lighting of candles while praying as is done in Catholic church.

There is nothing at all in Bible telling us to do this.  It is not in OT.  It is not in NT.  It it something man thought to be a good idea and man added it to the church service.

It is vain and worthless for it is of man and not of God.

==========

A woman called me an asked me to come over and look at the shrine she had built to Jesus.  She had taken her dead husband's study and used the bookshelves to build a shrine to Jesus.

I did not go see this knowing it was fleshly and worthless in worshiping God.

We do not set up fleshly images to worship God. 

Jesus instructed us as follows:

24 God is a Spirit:and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.  Jn. 4

========== 

Another vain, fleshly doctrine is requiring women to cover their heads with hats or scarves before entering a church building ... done in Catholic church and maybe even in other groups.

The Bible does speak of head covering for women and that head covering in Bible is their own hair.

I Cor. 11 ... 1 Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.
2 Now I praise you, brethren, that ye remember me in all things, and keep the ordinances, as I delivered them to you. 3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God. 4 Every man praying or prophesying, having his head covered, dishonoureth his head. 5 But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head:for that is even all one as if she were shaven. 6 For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn:but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered. 7 For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God:but the woman is the glory of the man. 8 For the man is not of the woman; but the woman of the man. 9 Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man. 10 For this cause ought the woman to have power on her head because of the angels. 11 Nevertheless neither is the man without the woman, neither the woman without the man, in the Lord. 12 For as the woman is of the man, even so is the man also by the woman; but all things of God.
13 Judge in yourselves:is it comely that a woman pray unto God uncovered? 14 Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him? 15 But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her:for her hair is given her for a covering. 16 But if any man seem to be contentious, we have no such custom, neither the churches of God.


===========

All doctrine should be proved by scripture and prayer.

If you worship a tradition of man in a church group it will be vain to you.

vain:
- useless
- producing no result
- having no meaning
- without success or result
- devoid of real worth
- empty, without substance

I Thess. 5 ...  21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

==========

In the OT, Solomon built a house to the Lord ... a temple to God.

The children of God did evil in the sight of God and God raised up Nebuchadnezzar, king of Babylon, against them.  Nebuchadnezzar destroyed the temple of Solomon, burning it to the ground.

In the earthquake in April, 2015, in Nepal, the temples of Buddah were destroyed in some cities.  People mourned such.

I'm so glad we, today, in the NT church do not have temples man can destroy.  We worship in NT in a totally different way.  We do not go to a building to worship God.  We worship God wherever we are as we turn to God asking HIM what to do.  The Spirit can never be destroyed.  For that I am very grateful.