Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Psalm 119:73-80 ... Prayers to God & Promises from God to the Church

73 Thy hands have made me and fashioned me:
give me understanding, that I may learn thy commandments.

 

74 They that fear thee will be glad when they see me;
because I have hoped in thy word.
 

75 I know, O Lord, that thy judgments are right,
and that thou in faithfulness hast afflicted me.
 

76 Let, I pray thee, thy merciful kindness be for my comfort,
according to thy word unto thy servant.
 

77 Let thy tender mercies come unto me, that I may live:
for thy law is my delight.
 

78 Let the proud be ashamed; for they dealt perversely with me without a cause:
but I will meditate in thy precepts.
 

79 Let those that fear thee turn unto me,
and those that have known thy testimonies.
 

80 Let my heart be sound in thy statutes;
that I be not ashamed.



Comments by Joan Boney  

 73 Thy hands have made me and fashioned me:
give me understanding, that I may learn thy commandments.

 

Paul says:  It is God who made us and not we ourselves.  Phil. 2

We didn't cause ourselves to be born again.  It is the gift of God.  God changed us in an instant and caused us to be "a new creature" ... making us fit for the kingdom of God and for eternal life by HIS will.

As the children of Israel were the chosen people of God, we are the chosen people by God.  It is God who equips us.  It is God who made us and formed us into HIS image by HIS Word.

And all understanding is from God.

Acts 17 ...   28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being;

==========


75 I know, O Lord, that thy judgments are right,


I have actually heard people fight the judgments of God saying things like, "I don't understand why God did something like that."  I even heard a woman say she didn't think God should have done that thing which she had read in Bible.

No matter what, I know that God's judgments are right because HE is God and has all understanding.

Paul speaks of this in following:

Romans 9 ... 6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:

7 Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children:but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called. 8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God:but the children of the promise are counted for the seed. 

9 For this is the word of promise, At this time will I come, and Sara shall have a son.
 

10 And not only this; but when Rebecca also had conceived by one, even by our father Isaac; 11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;) 12 It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger. 13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.
 

14 What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid. 15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion. 

16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy. 

17 For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth. 

18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.
 

19 Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will? 

20 Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus? 21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?
 

22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory, 24 Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

==========

thy law is my delight.  

Do we delight in the law (the Word) given us by God?

Every word given us by God is for our own benefit whether we recognize it or not.  It is to our benefit to flee fornication.  (I Cor. 6)  15 Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ? shall I then take the members of Christ, and make them the members of an harlot? God forbid. 16 What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh. 17 But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.
18 Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against HIS (Christ's) own body. 


19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? 20 For ye are bought with a price:therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

It is to the benefit for the man not to marry a divorced woman.  (Mt. 5:32)  Jesus says ...   32 But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery:and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.

It is to our benefit to be content with such things as we have not wanting something more or different as the world does.  (I Tim. 6)  6 But godliness with contentment is great gain. 7 For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. 8 And having food and raiment let us be therewith content. 9 But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition. 10 For the love of money is the root of all evil:which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
11 But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness. 12 Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.


The Bible is filled with instruction and benefits.

If we will meditate on these instructions until they are stronger than our own flesh so we can do the instructions setting aside the desires of the flesh, we will know the meaning of the fear of the Lord and that is the beginning of real wisdom.

Joshua 1 ... 7 Only be thou strong and very courageous, that thou mayest observe to do according to all the law, which Moses my servant commanded thee:turn not from it to the right hand or to the left, that thou mayest prosper whithersoever thou goest. 8 This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein:for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success. 9 Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed:for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

==========

Psalm 111:10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever.

The fear of the Lord is being afraid of what God says to the point that you will not set it aside, knowing what God instructs is the best thing for you to do and all other paths for you are dangerous.