Thursday, June 18, 2015

If you feel dry and withered

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Can you remember when you were first born again ... how alive and excited you were about your new life and new love ...

30 years or so pass ... how do you feel now?

Revelation 2

1 Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write; These things saith he that holdeth the seven stars in his right hand, who walketh in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks; 2 I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil:and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars:3 And hast borne, and hast patience, and for my name's sake hast laboured, and hast not fainted. 

4 Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love. 

5 Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent. 

6 But this thou hast, that thou hatest the deeds of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate.
7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.


How do we return to our first love?  How do we get that back?

Psalm 1 ... 2 But his delight is in the law of the Lord;
and in his law doth he meditate day and night.
 

3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water,
that bringeth forth his fruit in his season;
his leaf also shall not wither;
and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.


Read the Bible ... delight in HIS word ... think on that which HE shows you in HIS word ... do this day and night ... and you will find life ...

You will be like that tree planted by the rivers of water.  You will plant yourselves by the river of living waters by going back and reading the word of God and delighting in HIS word ... day and night ...

When we are hunting something to watch at night on TV and we go from one channel to another and find nothing ... if we could remember to turn the TV off and pick up the Bible and pray, asking God to give us something from HIS word, HE would!  Living water.

 his leaf also shall not wither;

If you will pick up key words from a verse and look those words up in dictionary, God will also use this to get your attention.

wither:

- dry, unexciting, dull, lacking emotion or interest

If water from the word of God goes into you, it will turn your life around.  You will be raised from that withered state and life will come back into you.

And as you take action according to that which you have read in the Word of God, faith will increase.  Real change will take place in you.  It will be change fruitful for this present life and for the next life.

Wither also means:  shriveled ...

- wrinkled due to loss of moisture
- lose momentum, will or desire
- become insignificant or ineffectual
- worthless
- fall into decay, decline
- cause harm or damage to
- fail because of neglect or inaction

John 15 ... Jesus says ...  1 I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman. 2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away:and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit. 

3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you. 

4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. 

5 I am the vine, ye are the branches:He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit:for without me ye can do nothing. 

6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned. 

7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. 8 Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.