Friday, June 26, 2015

Leviticus - Part 6 ... Viewing the works of God through scripture


(OT laws and penalties set by God for various sins.  These are important to us today for they show us how God views these subjects.)

Leviticus 20 ... homosexual ... 13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination:they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

==========

Leviticus 20 ... Ye shall therefore keep all my statutes, and all my judgments, and do them:that the land, whither I bring you to dwell therein, spue you not out. 23 And ye shall not walk in the manners of the nation, which I cast out before you:for they committed all these things, and therefore I abhorred them. 24 But I have said unto you, Ye shall inherit their land, and I will give it unto you to possess it, a land that floweth with milk and honey:I am the Lord your God, which have separated you from other people. 25 Ye shall therefore put difference between clean beasts and unclean, and between unclean fowls and clean:and ye shall not make your souls abominable by beast, or by fowl, or by any manner of living thing that creepeth on the ground, which I have separated from you as unclean. 26 And ye shall be holy unto me:for I the Lord am holy, and have severed you from other people, that ye should be mine.

==========

Leviticus 20 ... 27 A man also or woman that hath a familiar spirit, or that is a wizard, shall surely be put to death:they shall stone them with stones:their blood shall be upon them.

==========

Leviticus 21 ... 5 They shall not make baldness upon their head, neither shall they shave off the corner of their beard, nor make any cuttings in their flesh.

==========

Leviticus 21 ... 7 They shall not take a wife that is a whore, or profane; neither shall they take a woman put away from her husband:for he is holy unto his God.

NT. Jesus says ... Man who marries divorced woman commits adultery ... Mt. 5:32

==========

Leviticus 23:22 ... 22 And when ye reap the harvest of your land, thou shalt not make clean riddance of the corners of thy field when thou reapest, neither shalt thou gather any gleaning of thy harvest:thou shalt leave them unto the poor, and to the stranger:I am the Lord your God.

==========

Leviticus 25 ... 17 Ye shall not therefore oppress one another; but thou shalt fear thy God:for I am the Lord your God.
 

18 Wherefore ye shall do my statutes, and keep my judgments, and do them; and ye shall dwell in the land in safety. 19 And the land shall yield her fruit, and ye shall eat your fill, and dwell therein in safety.

NT ...

Ephesians 4:3 Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.

==========

Leviticus 26 ...  1 Ye shall make you no idols nor graven image, neither rear you up a standing image, neither shall ye set up any image of stone in your land, to bow down unto it:for I am the Lord your God.

(When I see sports people kiss a trophy they have just won, I shudder.  Some churches put statues and concrete symbols to represent God and I am horrified when I see such.  This is very evil in the sight of God and in the sight of the godly people.  

There is a photo of a man with long hair who is dressed in Biblical costume and some churches even hang this on the wall to represent Jesus.  This is a terrible thing to do.)

Moses says ... Deut. 4 ... 15 Take ye therefore good heed unto yourselves; for ye saw no manner of similitude on the day that the Lord spake unto you in Horeb out of the midst of the fire:16 Lest ye corrupt yourselves, and make you a graven image, the similitude of any figure, the likeness of male or female, 17 The likeness of any beast that is on the earth, the likeness of any winged fowl that flieth in the air, 18 The likeness of any thing that creepeth on the ground, the likeness of any fish that is in the waters beneath the earth:19 And lest thou lift up thine eyes unto heaven, and when thou seest the sun, and the moon, and the stars, even all the host of heaven, shouldest be driven to worship them, and serve them, which the Lord thy God hath divided unto all nations under the whole heaven. 

20 But the Lord hath taken you, and brought you forth out of the iron furnace, even out of Egypt, to be unto him a people of inheritance, as ye are this day. 21 Furthermore the Lord was angry with me for your sakes, and sware that I should not go over Jordan, and that I should not go in unto that good land, which the Lord thy God giveth thee for an inheritance:22 But I must die in this land, I must not go over Jordan:but ye shall go over, and possess that good land. 23 Take heed unto yourselves, lest ye forget the covenant of the Lord your God, which he made with you, and make you a graven image, or the likeness of any thing, which the Lord thy God hath forbidden thee

24 For the Lord thy God is a consuming fire, even a jealous God.