Sunday, June 21, 2015

Sitting in the seat of the scornful

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Psalm 1

1 Blessed is the man
that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly,
nor standeth in the way of sinners,
nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
 

2 But his delight is in the law of the Lord;
and in his law doth he meditate day and night.


==========

scornful means:

- those who express contempt for another person
- considering another person to be despicable

There is a Catholic woman who used to call me wanting me to go to lunch with her.  I often went with her when she called me.  But she troubled me greatly for she was so scornful toward other people, speaking about them in a derogatory way without judgment from God on the matter.  It was just her own opinion about them.

God told me this woman was "self-righteous."

One example:  She was carrying garbage out from bridge center and met another bridge player.  She was furious with this other person because the person "greeted" her and didn't offer to help her carry out garbage.

I was continually grieved by this woman's stories about other people.  It would be fine if God was showing her the wrong doing but when it is just a matter of personal preference, it is sin.

Finally, I got free from this woman.  Her mother died and shc called me to tell me this and while she was talking she excitedly told me how the bishop had agreed to read a mass for her mother.  She was so thrilled that "the bishop" himself was going to do this.  (They were wealthy, giving buildings to institutions and scholarships to schools ... acts viewed by humans as "worthy".)   She expressed it to me that the bishop considered them "worthy" for him to read mass over her mother.

I was horrified.  The next day, I sent email saying how I wished she had not told me this bishop story.  That it was very evil.

After that, she stopped calling me.

I do not want to sit in the seat of the scornful.

==========

I have a cousin who is a scornful woman ... making fun of other people while exalting herself ...

Several years ago, God gave me a dream showing me I could not go through this cousin's house ...

God also gave me a dream showing me that this cousin would complain to others that I was doing wrong toward her even when I hadn't even been in her house.  She, in the dream, accused me of spilling something on her dining room rug but I hadn't been in that part of her house but when I tried to tell her she wouldn't listen to me and she just kept complaining about me to another woman.

I just stopped trying to talk with her, knowing it would grieve me needlessly.  She wouldn't be helped and I would be hurt by her.

==========

nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.