Monday, June 8, 2015

Psalm 119:65-72 ... Prayers to God & Promises from God to the Church

65 Thou hast dealt well with thy servant,
O Lord,
according unto thy word.
 

66 Teach me good judgment and knowledge:
for I have believed thy commandments.
 

67 Before I was afflicted I went astray:
but now have I kept thy word.
 

68 Thou art good, and doest good; teach me thy statutes.
 

69 The proud have forged a lie against me:
but I will keep thy precepts with my whole heart.
 

70 Their heart is as fat as grease;
but I delight in thy law.
 

71 It is good for me that I have been afflicted;
that I might learn thy statutes.
 

72 The law of thy mouth is better unto me
than thousands of gold and silver.



Comments by Joan Boney

On TV a woman said:  "I think almost all the time about money."

I hardly ever think about money.

God has led me in so many ways contrary to the way of this world.  Get out of debt and stay out of debt.  Purchase only that for which I can pay for.  Be content with such things as I have. Take no thought for tomorrow but seek today the kingdom of God and HIS righteousness and all these things will be added unto you. (and they have)


I don't try to "fulfill" myself on this earth.  God has shown me I am "dead" and my life is hid with Christ.  When Christ returns, my life will appear with HIM.  Col. 3

Therefore to put away desires of the past.  Put away longings for that which never was.  Fill my life with HIS word and thereby keep myself in HIM.  Fill myself with Christ, the word, daily.  Fill myself with HIM.

So many old people want to travel about and see things.  I don't want to leave the town where I live.  Thus I am spared a lot of physical strain that travel brings for nothing.  And I am spared the waste that comes from the needless expense.   Money just accumulates as I stay home and do these writings on the blog to which God has assigned me.  And I lack nothing. 

This puts me into a completely different way of thinking because of God's word.

God conforms me to HIMSELF continually by HIS Word and by HIS Spirit.  Therefore my way is very different from the way of this world.

Mt. 6 ... Jesus says ...  24 No man can serve two masters:for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon. 25 Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment? 

26 Behold the fowls of the air:for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they? 

27 Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature? 

28 And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:29 And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 30 Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith? 

31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? 32 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. 

33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you

34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow:for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

Focus on today ... I find I hardly ever think of tomorrow any more.  When I am troubled, it is often because I have slipped into thinking of tomorrow.  When this happens, I pray over concerns and focus again on today and the troubles of tomorrow vanish.

==========

I Timothy 6 ... (if a person comes) supposing that gain is godliness:from such withdraw thyself.
 

6 But godliness with contentment is great gain. 7 For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. 8 And having food and raiment let us be therewith content. 

9 But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition. 10 For the love of money is the root of all evil:which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
 

11 But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness. 

12 Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.

...17 Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy; 18 That they do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to distribute, willing to communicate; 19 Laying up in store for themselves a good foundation against the time to come, that they may lay hold on eternal life.
 

20 O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:21 Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen.

==========

Mt. 9:12 ... Jesus says ... They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick.

I don't do preventive medicine the way the world does.  I don't feel that is the way God leads me to go.  There have been times I've had a problem and have turned to God and been led to go to a doctor.  Luke was a physician.  There are certainly times for this.  If I need a physician, then I pray and go if I feel God is leading me.  I just don't go unless there is a need.

I Tim. 4 ... 7 But refuse profane and old wives 'fables, and exercise thyself rather unto godliness. 8 For bodily exercise profiteth little:but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come.


==========

Psalm 23 ...  The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures:
he leadeth me beside the still waters.
3 He restoreth my soul:


We who belong to God, having HIS Spirit, listening to HIS Spirit are led step by step as we live on this earth.  HE leads us into green pastures.  HE moves us from place to place.  We are put into places as we follow HIM where we have no "want".  And this happens as we take little "baby" steps, turning as the path turns, following HIM daily, focusing on HIS Word, doing what HE shows us to do.

Mt. 11 ... Jesus says ... 28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart:and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

==========

Phil. 2 ... 5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. 9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him,

It is a very hard yoke to exalt yourself in the eyes of men.  God has another way for us to go and when we do these things, we are transformed from the way of man into the way of God.

Man will praise you for a short time when you please him.  But God's praise is forever.


72 The law of Thy mouth is better unto me
than thousands of gold and silver.


==========


66 Teach me good judgment and knowledge:

I Kings 3 ...  5 In Gibeon the Lord appeared to Solomon in a dream by night:and God said, Ask what I shall give thee. 

6 And Solomon said, Thou hast shewed unto thy servant David my father great mercy, according as he walked before thee in truth, and in righteousness, and in uprightness of heart with thee; and thou hast kept for him this great kindness, that thou hast given him a son to sit on his throne, as it is this day. 

7 And now, O Lord my God, thou hast made thy servant king instead of David my father:and I am but a little child:I know not how to go out or come in

8 And thy servant is in the midst of thy people which thou hast chosen, a great people, that cannot be numbered nor counted for multitude. 

9 Give therefore thy servant an understanding heart to judge thy people, that I may discern between good and bad:for who is able to judge this thy so great a people? 

10 And the speech pleased the Lord, that Solomon had asked this thing. 

11 And God said unto him, Because thou hast asked this thing, and hast not asked for thyself long life; neither hast asked riches for thyself, nor hast asked the life of thine enemies; but hast asked for thyself understanding to discern judgment; 12 Behold, I have done according to thy words:lo, I have given thee a wise and an understanding heart; so that there was none like thee before thee, neither after thee shall any arise like unto thee. 

13 And I have also given thee that which thou hast not asked, both riches, and honour:so that there shall not be any among the kings like unto thee all thy days. 

14 And if thou wilt walk in my ways, to keep my statutes and my commandments, as thy father David did walk, then I will lengthen thy days. 

15 And Solomon awoke; and, behold, it was a dream.