Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Answer to prayer

Pam Padgett ... teacher

Recently while talking on the telephone I noticed one of my dogs going to his crate and laying down.  This always makes me smile, primarily because I remember how it came about that the dog crates are set up as an answer to prayer. 

Several months ago one of my dogs would sometimes do various things which distracted me while I was reading the Bible or talking on the telephone.  While praying about this I had the thought (from the Holy Spirit) to set up the dog crate which was folded up unused in another part of the house.

I brought the crate to the area where I usually am during the day, set it up, and put the dog in the crate.  She immediately calmed down and contently rested in the crate until I finished what I was doing and let her out.  Each time I found myself being distracted, I would simply put the dog in the crate and she would rest. 

She started going into the crate even when I didn't direct her to do this, going into the crate just to rest.  When I got a second puppy, I set up a crate for him as well and he also chooses to go into his crate just to rest.  Obviously they enjoy resting in the crates. 

Each time I see them resting in their crates, whether or not I have directed them to go to their crates, I find myself smiling, being thankful to God for giving me this solution.  It is such a simple solution which completely and easily deals with the problem.