Friday, June 19, 2015

Causing yourself to be blessed

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Psalm 1

1 Blessed is the man
that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly,
nor standeth in the way of sinners,
nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
 

2 But his delight is in the law of the Lord;
and in his law doth he meditate day and night.


=========

counsel: 

- to seek advice from

To whom do you turn for advice? 

Before we turn to any human for counsel, we should first turn to God.

James 1 ... 5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

When we pray first, asking God what to do, HE will direct our paths ... Proverbs 3:6

If, after prayer, we are to turn to a human for help, God will call our attention to "which" human.  The plans implemented may still end up being controlled by us even when we don't know anything about the subject.

For example:  I needed to add acoustical materials to my theater room.  The sound, especially bass, was often distorted from bouncing off the standard construction dry wall.  I prayed, asking God for wisdom.  I checked Internet for acoustical treatment companies.  I read about possible sound panels.  I decided on what might work in my room.  Then I called and discussed it with someone at the business.  He put the dimensions of my room into his computer and then told me the computer said I needed 6 to 7 sound panels (24"x48" each).  I was sitting in the room at the time of the phone call and I just couldn't picture that many panels.  I could picture 3 panels (24"x48") and 2 panels (24"x24") and a corner bass trap (24"x48").  So I ordered the number I could see in the room and told him if I need more later, I will add more.  Even though the sales person and the computer thought I needed more, I went with that which I could see doing.  Thus even when we don't know what we are doing, God does know.  If something is reasonable to us, we need to go with that which we see as reasonable.

==========

counsel of the ungodly ... 

The godly person is a person who turns to God, asking God what to do ... 

The expert might be highly acclaimed in his own field but still be an "ungodly" person.  He might easily be wise in his own eyes and recommend for you something out of his pride and personal wisdom.  Just because he recommends something, you still have the choice in what you should do.

And when you have first prayed for wisdom from God before consulting this person, you certainly have God's wisdom to rely on.

James 3 ... 17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.

A warning:  I know a woman who learned that God's way is "easy to be intreated", but she stopped turning to God and just tried to base her decisions on "is this easy to do."  Notice, she removed God from the picture.  That just will not work.  That is to make yourself your own god ... That will set the stage for failure.

First, we must turn to God in all our ways ... Pray, asking God for help, asking God to show you what to do.

John 4 ...  24 God is a Spirit:and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

We sit before the Spirit of God, seeking the invisible, not the visible.  We pray to the Spirit of God, the invisible.  We pray in faith that God will hear us and that God will help us just as HE said in the Bible HE would help us when we turn to HIM.

One of the greatest problems is forgetting to turn to God in prayer and just plunging forward in our own wisdom or in ideas brought to us by devils.

==========

3 forms of wisdom


1.  There is the wisdom that comes from God.

James 1:5 ... 5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

2.  There is your own wisdom, what you think.

Proverbs 3 ... 7 Be not wise in thine own eyes:

3.  There is the wisdom authored by devils.

John 10 ...10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: