Saturday, June 20, 2015

Standing the in way of sinners

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

We, as Christians, can't just go along with everything put before us by the ungodly (by those who do not seek God and HIS ways.)

A person might be a church goer and be ungodly ... and certainly the people not born again are ungodly, not seeking God nor knowing God.  God is not in all their thoughts.

Psalm 1

1 Blessed is the man
that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly,
nor standeth in the way of sinners,
nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
 

2 But his delight is in the law of the Lord;
and in his law doth he meditate day and night.


==========

the way of sinners ... (the way of the ungodly, those who do not seek God)

way: method, style, or manner of doing something

In 1985, I moved to Clovis, New Mexico (USA), and lived where my mother lived.  On the USA holiday, Memorial Day, people were going out to the cemetery to decorate the graves of the dead people.  Two Baptist women invited me to go with them to decorate graves.

Wait ... What are you doing? ... What is the purpose of decorating graves? ... Why are you doing this?

A person can be a Christian and blindly going along with pagan customs.

We must consider what we are doing ... Is this something God would want me to do?

A woman in our little church group attended the wedding of her 40 year old son and his second wife.  Afterward they had a reception at her daughter's house.  She kept escaping to a bedroom where she wouldn't have to participate and hear some of the things going on.  But at one point, she went back down stairs because her husband was going to give a "toast" to the newly married couple ... Why?  Do I really want to be a part of this and give my support to this?  Does it really have any power at all?  Do these humans have power?

Let us think about what we are doing as Christians.

Several years ago, when I played bridge, I used to go to dinner with two of the bridge players.  They would order alcoholic drinks.  (I didn't do this for alcohol does not agree with me and makes me feel bad if I drink it.)  I would just order water.  When the drinks arrived, they would lift their glasses and click the glasses together.  Why?  What does this mean?  Does this have any power?  Do I, as a Christian, want to do this?

No ... I didn't want to do this pagan act.  So I did not lift my glass.  I did not join them in their foolishness.  They have no power to bless anyone.

==========

nor standeth in the way of sinners,

We are Christians.  We must consider what we do on this earth.  We must consider, "Does God want me to do that?"