Friday, June 26, 2015

Be very courageous

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Is it God who told you to do what you are suffering for doing?

If so, then you can find much support so you can endure.

Joshua 1 ... 9 Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed:for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

==========

Here is a very revealing scripture:

I Peter 2 (NIV/ original translation) ... 

20 But how is it to your credit if you receive a beating for doing wrong and endure it?

If you are envious of other people and are burning inside that would be an example of taking a beating for doing wrong.  In such a case, you need to repent and resist the devils who speak to you as they try to get you to envy others.

You need to focus on this prayer and really mean it:  THY will be done ...

You need to look around you and begin to thank God for that which you have in your life, for that which God has already given you.

==========

But if you are suffering because you are following God instead of following the people of the world ... and if you are suffering because you have spoken the Word given you by God ... then we see the following instruction which applies to us today.

Joshua 1 ... 7 Only be thou strong and very courageous, that thou mayest observe to do according to all the law, which Moses my servant commanded thee:turn not from it to the right hand or to the left, that thou mayest prosper whithersoever thou goest.

courage:

- strength in the face of pain or grief

- ability to do something that frightens one

- act on beliefs despite danger or difficulty

- facing extreme danger or difficulty without retreating

- ability to endure in times of adversity

- firmness and strength of mind

- unwillingness to acknowledge defeat

The Word of the Lord endures forever.  When God tells us to do something and we do that thing as God says to do, the only way defeat could come would be for God HIMSELF to be destroyed and that would be impossible.

When I was a new Christian, I owned a business and a man filed a lawsuit against me.  I had gotten the business out of debt but the lawyer fees were taking all the profit away from my business.  And if I continued the way I was going I knew very shortly I would be back in debt again.  So I prayed about this, asking God what to do.

I saw the following scripture:

Isaiah 54 ... 

17 No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper;
and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn.
This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord,
and their righteousness is of ME, saith the Lord.


I examined this scripture and this promise from God and my position and made the following decision.

I am now a Christian therefore this promise from God applies to me, it is my "heritage".

Therefore this lawsuit, a weapon formed against me, will not prosper.

I decided to dismiss my lawyers and go to court without any human legal counsel.

I have great respect for the ministry.  So I made an appointment with my pastor to discuss my plan with him, expecting God to honor the ministry offices and advise me through the ministry.

As I drove to meet with pastor, I prayed for pastor, asking God to give pastor wisdom and to advise me through pastor.  

I told pastor my plan and shared Isaiah 54:17 with pastor.  He looked at me and said:  "I perceive you have faith to do this this way."

I called lawyer and told him I was dismissing them because of money and I gave lawyer this scripture from Isaiah 54:17 and told him I am now a Christian and this promise applies to me.

Lawyer exclaimed ... "Joan ... You can't do this ... You don't know how evil these courts are."  

Then lawyer said ... "It will only take about $10,000 more to try this case ... and we're willing to work with you." (The lawyers were willing to let me go into debt to them!)

"10,000 more!" ... I said in a shocked voice ... "Gordon ... Stop ... Don't do anything more."

I dismissed my lawyer.

A week or so later, Gordon came to see me.  He said, "We, at law firm, have discussed your case and have decided to represent you without any further charge to you."

I didn't hear God mentioned in this decision.   

What is going on?  At one minute they are going to charge $10,000 more and now they are going to give me free legal service?

I said to Gordon:  "I'll have to get back with you on this."

I prayed, and was reminded of the following:

Genesis 14:23  ... Abraham said to king of Sodom ... I have lift up mine hand unto the Lord, the most high God, the possessor of heaven and earth,That I will not take from a thread even to a shoelatchet, and that I will not take any thing that is thine, lest thou shouldest say, I have made Abram rich:

I knew God was telling me not to take this "free" legal service.  So I told this to Gordon and went ahead with the plan to go to court without any human legal counsel.

I was terrified.  I took scripture that God had given me and recorded these scriptures on both sides of a cassette tape and played this tape as I slept at night.  When I would awaken in the night, I would turn the tape over and play the other side again.  This went on for several weeks.

I kept scripture in front of my face daily to help me in my fear and to give me courage.

Six days before the trial was scheduled in US District Court, the man dropped all charges against me and against the other people he was suing.  It was over.

My courage was sustained through prayer and by focusing strongly day and night on those scriptures God had given me.

God used this trial to begin HIS teaching with me on standing on the Word of God and enduring through faith in the Word of God.

Over the next 30+ years, this same pattern was used in many battles.  It never failed and it will never fail.  The gates of hell cannot stand against that word God reveals by HIS Spirit in the problems of this life.  Mt. 16

==========

The only way we can be "very courageous" in the problems we face are to pray and hold fast to that which God gives us by HIS Spirit... and this will work always and never fail.