Sunday, June 28, 2015

God's yoke vs. the yoke you might put on yourself

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Humans often think it is good to set up goals for themselves "to get things done".  They make long lists daily of what they plan to accomplish, often thinking the more they can do the better.

The main question for us as Christians is:  What does God want me to do?  Is this really something God wants me to do? 

Jesus said:

John 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Paul said: 18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing:  Romans 7

Recently I was watching a golf tournament.  The golfer, Phil Mickleson has never won a US Open.  The announcer was saying, "Will this be the year?"   Mickleson looked very strained.  I thought of all the unnecessary pressure Mickleson had put upon himself with this goal.  And I thought of all the pressure he was allowing others to put on him.  For what purpose?  Really for nothing but vanity and history which will vanish in the end, thereby accounting for nothing.

I thought of the yoke Jesus puts on us when we "come to him."

Mt. 11 ... Jesus says ... 28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart:and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

But the yoke of our own flesh and the yoke of the flesh of others is usually not easy and not light and is usually filled with pride and vanity ... 


29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart:and ye shall find rest unto your souls

==========

To fret ourselves over clothing and physical appearance is a very hard yoke.  Most of us are subject to problems in this area, especially if we have to be around people.

In the approaching week, my contractor and his men will likely be doing some work at my house so I will be more visible than usual.  I only have 2 house dresses.  They will likely be working here 5 days or more.  I thought of trying to buy additional garments to wear.  Also I realized I could just wash these 2 garments and wear them again during the week.

I did go to store to see about summer robes.  But this turned out to be a very hard yoke.  It was difficult for me to walk the distance where the robes are located.  They were playing loud music which I found to be offensive.  The people in the store, both customers and workers, seemed downtrodden to me.  I made a mental note never to return again to this store.  It was depressing to see this way of life. The cashier spoke ungodly words.

 (This was a major department store in the mall.  What a poor way of life!  To think people actually delight in going to such places amazes me.)

I did buy 3 items.  I was rushing out of store to get away as quickly as possible so I didn't try these house dresses on, not caring if they ended up being too big.  But when I got home and tried one on, it was far too big.  I drove back to store and returned the items.

I decided just to use the 2 dresses I have and wash them at the end of the second day.  (easy yoke)

We can put ourselves through many things that are unwise, unnecessary ... making things hard on ourselves for no good reason when there is another way to go.

==========

3 forms of wisdom ...


1.  There is the wisdom that comes from God.

James 1:5 ... 5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

2.  There is your own wisdom, what you think.

Proverbs 3 ... 7 Be not wise in thine own eyes:

3.  There is the wisdom authored by devils.

John 10 ...10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: