Sunday, June 14, 2015

Psalm 119:113-120 ... Prayers to God & Promises from God to the Church

113 I hate vain thoughts:but thy law do I love.
 

114 Thou art my hiding place and my shield:
I hope in thy word.

 

115 Depart from me, ye evildoers:
for I will keep the commandments of my God.
 

116 Uphold me according unto thy word, that I may live:
and let me not be ashamed of my hope.
 

117 Hold thou me up, and I shall be safe:
and I will have respect unto thy statutes continually.
 

118 Thou hast trodden down all them that err from thy statutes:
for their deceit is falsehood.
 

119 Thou puttest away all the wicked of the earth like dross:
therefore I love thy testimonies.
 

120 My flesh trembleth for fear of thee;
and I am afraid of thy judgments
.



Comments by Joan Boney 

 114 Thou art my hiding place and my shield:
I hope in thy word. 


We hide in the word of God.  They look at us and think we have no life.  But our life is hid in Christ.

Col. 3 ... 1 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. 2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. 3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. 4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

We are truly "dead" to the world.

We were changed from the world by God when HE revealed HIMSELF to us.

After I was born again in 1975, the Holy Spirit spoke to me, "Be baptized."

I had been baptized before I was born again, and now I hear to be baptized again.  So I did this.  When the minister lowered me into the water, the Holy Spirit said:  "This is like being buried with Christ."  When I came out of the water, the Holy Spirit said:  "This is like being raised with Christ."

The Holy Spirit was preaching Romans 6.

3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death

4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death:that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
 

5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin

7 For he that is dead is freed from sin. 

8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:9 Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him. 

10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once:but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God. 

11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.
 

12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.  

13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin:but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God. 

14 For sin shall not have dominion over you:for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
 

15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid. 16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness? 

17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you. 18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness. 

19 I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh:for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness.
 

20 For when ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness. 

21 What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death. 

22 But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life. 

23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

And truly we are as those that are alive from the dead,

When God revealed HIMSELF to us we were raised from the dead of this world and made alive in Christ, changed from that which we once were.  We no longer do the things we once did and the people who are still dead find it hard to understand us now for we are no longer as we were.

We are dead with Christ, hidden in HIM, dead to this world, no longer ruled by this world and by our own fleshly desires.  

We are free now to serve God rather than serving our own flesh.

Our flesh is continually crucified as we refuse to obey our flesh.  The flesh wants to speak.  We refuse to allow it to speak.  We no longer have to be ruled by our own flesh as we once were.

As Christ suffered in the flesh, we make our own flesh suffer for we don't allow the flesh to do as it pleases.  We refuse to speak and it suffers.  We refuse various temptations and it suffers.  It wants us to beat other people and let it reign and we refuse to make ourselves of reputation.  We continually make our flesh suffer by refusing to let it have it's own way.

Phil. 2 ...5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant (a servant to God), and was made in the likeness of men:8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. 9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, 

When we go this way, God exalts us.  We once tried to exalt ourselves.  Now as we lay down our lives and keep our flesh crucified, God exalts us.  And the praise of God is forever, not just on this earth as man's praise.

Hebrews 13 ... 12 Wherefore Jesus also, that he might sanctify the people with his own blood, suffered without the gate. 13 Let us go forth therefore unto him without the camp, bearing his reproach. 14 For here have we no continuing city, but we seek one to come. 15 By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name.

Here is an example of suffering in the flesh ...  During one of the president elections I was visiting in home of my neighbors.  They began giving their opinion about the election and the candidates. I really wanted to give my opinion.  But I refused to allow myself to speak.  I knew if I spoke it would not cause grace to God.  It would only magnify myself in my own eyes.  Therefore I did not speak what my flesh wanted to speak.  My flesh greatly suffered because I would not allow it to speak.

Eph. 4 ... 29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. 30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

minister grace means to cause the hearer to give gratitude to God ...

==========


120 My flesh trembleth for fear of thee;
and I am afraid of thy judgments
.


If you have no fear of God, and you think it doesn't matter what you do, and you think so little of God that you don't bother to check to see if it is God bringing a thought to your mind, you have a problem.

I seem to always remember having concern over the way I would handle scripture.  Even before God taught me about HIS Spirit and paying attention to HIS Spirit, I was afraid of handling scripture.

How can a Christian not have a fear of God?  It's almost like saying you do not believe God has power to affect your life.