Saturday, June 13, 2015

Psalm 119:105-112 ... Prayers to God & Promises from God to the Church

105 Thy word is a lamp unto my feet,
and a light unto my path.

 

106 I have sworn, and I will perform it,
that I will keep thy righteous judgments.
 

107 I am afflicted very much:
quicken me, O Lord, according unto thy word.
 

108 Accept, I beseech thee, the freewill offerings of my mouth, O Lord,
and teach me thy judgments.
 

109 My soul is continually in my hand:
yet do I not forget thy law.
 

110 The wicked have laid a snare for me:
yet I erred not from thy precepts.
 

111 Thy testimonies have I taken as an heritage for ever:
for they are the rejoicing of my heart.
 

112 I have inclined mine heart to perform thy statutes
alway, even unto the end.



Comments by Joan Boney 

105 Thy word is a lamp unto my feet,
and a light unto my path.
 


The following happened in our little church group.  There was a woman who was displaying many problems as she spoke.  Many correction has to be made.  Finally she said she knew she had brought this on herself by what she had done.    (But she didn't tell us what she had done... only that she had done something wrong.)  

I asked her what she had done.

She said the problem concerned the sleeping pill Ambium.  She had been taking one pill nightly and she wanted to take another 1/2 pill and she asked God if she could do this and God told her to just take 1 pill, no more.  But she ignored what she said was God's instruction and added the 1/2 pill to the whole pill.  She said this was the reason she had gone into all these problems with her words which lacked the usual judgment from God when she spoke.

I was very shocked when it appeared Ambium was the problem.  I would never have guessed that.  We knew devils were attacking her and working in her life but never would I have attributed it to Ambium.

Recently I told her the important thing for her to do (and this is also for each of us) is to remember to pray, seeking God in that which she does on this earth.  Desiring to know the will of God.  And then do what God says to do.

It is important to refuse to follow her own flesh.

And she must stop following those strange voices, devils which urge her on in various things.

Proverbs 3 ... 

5 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart;
and lean not unto thine own understanding.
6 In all thy ways acknowledge HIM,
and HE shall direct thy paths.

7 Be not wise in thine own eyes:
fear the Lord, and depart from evil.


If we will pray over all that we do, we have the promise:  "HE will direct our paths."

And if God directs our paths, and we obey, we will not be ashamed.

If we yield to our own flesh or to devils (strange voices), we will be greatly ashamed over our works, if not in this life then at the judgment seat of Christ.

==========

105 Thy word is a lamp unto my feet,
and a light unto my path.  


God shows us the correct way to go.  And when we see, we also know what to avoid.

In 1980, I was in Oklahoma City where I was having a meeting for my radio audience.  While in my hotel room, I was shown something about a man in our church group.  He had married.  When I returned to Dallas, there was a change of address card for him in my mail box.  A woman from our church called me and said, "I don't know how to tell you about Don."  I replied, "He married."  (God had already told me about Don.)  Within 6 months they were divorced.  Don had kept this woman a secret from the church.  Another woman in the church said Don was very wrong to keep this secret from everyone.  She said people dating should be out in front of the church so the church has an opportunity to witness to the situation.  She said, "He has made his bed now and he has to lie in it."  But she was wrong about this.  They divorced.

If we have to live in secrets from the church, we put ourselves in even more danger.

As I write this, I have nothing I'm doing that is secret from anyone.  We don't live two lives, one in church and the other at home in darkness.  We live in light at all times in the church.  We are one body in Christ.  How does the hand keep itself secret from the brain?  We know when it hurts don't we?  This is the way of the body.

If you try to live in secret in the church you are already in extreme danger for God know what you are doing and God knows every imagination of your heart.

So how can you think to be "private"?  Why should you need to be private?  You only need to hide if you are doing wrong and even then there will be no hiding for to think you can hide is to completely ignore the power of God who sees.