Monday, June 29, 2015

Greatly influenced by scripture

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Recently I received a bill for the amount of time a worker came to my house.  I was shocked when I opened the bill.  I was charged for 3 hrs work when he was only at my house for less than 1 hour ... and I was further upset because his work was totally incompetent.  And the company didn't send the worker I requested but "surprised" me with a stranger.

I was very upset over this.

What to do?  I didn't want to do the wrong thing.  I turned to God strongly in prayer, asking God for wisdom in handling this matter.

James 1 ... 5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

For three or four days prior to receiving this bill, I had been reviewing the subject of seeking wisdom.



3 forms of wisdom:

1.  There is the wisdom that comes from God.

James 1:5 ... 5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

2.  There is your own wisdom, what you think.

Proverbs 3 ... 7 Be not wise in thine own eyes:

3.  There is the wisdom authored by devils.

John 10 ...10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy:

==========

I did not want to "tell these people off" in my own flesh.  Also devils would stir up trouble and I didn't want to do that either.

Every time I awoke in the night that night, I thought of the matter and prayed again, asking God to take over and to control my flesh and to help me to do exactly what I should do.

The next morning, I sent a check for $85 to the company explaining I was overbilled and the worker was only at my house for one hour, not three hours.

Then I felt I needed also to call accounting and tell them what happened.  As I talked to the woman in accounting I could tell she was going to have to confirm the time with the worker.  I told her this man was basically incompetent to do the work and he did no work at all while at my house and I would never allow him back again at my house.  I told her I had asked for Derick but they sent this stranger without telling me.  However, I told her I would pay for the time which was one hour, though he was even at my house less than an hour.  She began to apologize and told me in future to tell them "Derick only" if I needed help.  I told her I would do that.  We parted peacefully.  But I could tell it wouldn't have worked out without my telling her how incompetent this man's work was.  It was dealing with my sound equipment which is a very specialized field.


In all this, I rejoiced for I knew God took over in a way I never expected.  I never expected to tell of this man's incompetence and yet that is exactly what this person needed to hear in order to adjust the billing.  And she had no apparent trouble understanding the problem when I told her Derick had always taken care of my work and without my permission they sent this stranger who basically did nothing. 

Pray for wisdom ... it makes all the difference in dealing with matters of this present life.

James 16:33 ... Jesus says ...
In the world ye shall have tribulation:but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

We overcome through HIM as we turn to God in all our ways with a sincere desire to do things according to HIS will.