Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Psalm 119:25-32 ... Prayers to God & Promises from God to the Church

25 My soul cleaveth unto the dust:
quicken thou me according to thy word.
 

26 I have declared my ways, and thou heardest me:
teach me thy statutes.
 

27 Make me to understand the way of thy precepts:
so shall I talk of thy wondrous works.
 

28 My soul melteth for heaviness:
strengthen thou me according unto thy word.
 

29 Remove from me the way of lying:
and grant me thy law graciously.
 

30 I have chosen the way of truth:
thy judgments have I laid before me.
 

31 I have stuck unto thy testimonies:
O Lord, put me not to shame.
 

32 I will run the way of thy commandments,
when thou shalt enlarge my heart.



Comments by Joan Boney  


quicken thou me according to thy word.



Jn. 15 ...Jesus says ... 1 I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman. 


2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away:and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit. 

3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you. 

4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.  

5 I am the vine, ye are the branches:He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit:for without me ye can do nothing. 

6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned. 

7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. 8 Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.

==========
  
27 Make me to understand

Only if God gives me understanding can I have understanding.

==========

 29 Remove from me the way of lying:

It is amazing how often the way of lying comes to our mind when someone approaches us.  The flesh wants to look good to other flesh.  The way of God, the way of truth, often makes us look to man not so good.  So we are tempted to alter the truth a little or to leave out some parts of the story.  This is the way of lying to make us more approved in the sight of man.

James 3 ...17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.

Jn. 8 (Jesus says) ... 38 I speak that which I have seen with my Father:and ye do that which ye have seen with your father. 39 They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham. 40 But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God:this did not Abraham. 

41 Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God. 42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me (The Word) :for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me. 43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word. 

44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own:for he is a liar, and the father of it. 45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.

If you lie, you serve the devil.  If you live in hypocrisy, you live in deception and you deceive yourself and those who hear you.  You serve the devil.

God is light, truth, and there is no darkness in God.  Jn. 1

If you yield yourself to lies and hypocrisy, even for what you think is a "good" reason to protect another person, you live in lies which are of the devil.

You can't be of truth and of lies.  If you go into lies, you let devils move into your house.

==========

30 I have chosen the way of truth:

It is a choice.  It is not automatic.

==========


O Lord, put me not to shame.
 

Shame is a by-product of withholding truth and trying to make ourselves appear good and appear attractive to this world or trying to make another human great.  We will be shamed for glory.  And when God reaches us with what we have done, we will be ashamed of ourselves.  Glory of humans will not be long lasting.  The Bible likens human glory to grass that springs up only to have a lawn mower cut it down.

Hopefully we will be ashamed of ourselves on this earth before we get to the judgment seat of Christ where there is no more opportunity for us, just final judgment and "rewards", whether rewards for doing good or for doing evil.

II Cor. 5 ...   9 Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him. 10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad. 11 Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men;