Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Standing on the Word of God series: Example 19

From Joan Boney

At the time I was born again in 1979, I owned a business in American Indian Arts.

After I was born again, I came to believe God wanted me to get out of debt and stay out of debt.  I worked for several months to do this and finally was completely debt free, purchasing only the amount of merchandise that I could pay for at the time.

A man filed a law suit against me in my business and the lawyer bills were eating up all my profit and if I kept going that way, I knew very soon I would be back in debt.

So I prayed asking God what I should do.

I was reminded of the following:

Isaiah 54 ... 17 No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper;
and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn.
This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord,
and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord. 


I considered this scripture for several days and decided since I was now a Christian, this applied to me.  No weapon formed against me would prosper.  This lawsuit was a weapon against me.  It would not prosper.  Why should I continue to be represented by lawyers since this lawsuit would not prosper.  Plus my own lawyers were a weapon against me.

So based on this scripture I decided to dismiss my lawyers and go to court without human legal counsel.

Since I was such a new Christian at the time, I decided to discuss this with my pastor.  

I honored the God appointed office of a pastor by going to him.  As I was driving to the appointment, I prayed for God to give pastor wisdom of the office of pastor.

I told pastor the situation and my decision.  He looked directly at me and said:  "I perceive you have faith to do this this way." (My pastor at that time was Robert Tilton.)

After going to pastor, the lawyer I had dismissed called me and told me they were going to represent me without further cost to me.  Free legal service.

What was going on here?  One week they were going to charge me $10,000 more to represent me.  Now they say they will represent me for free?

I turned to God and asked HIM what HE wanted me to do and God reminded me of the following to show me what HE wanted me to do.

Genesis 14 ... 22 And Abram said to the king of Sodom, I have lift up mine hand unto the Lord, the most high God, the possessor of heaven and earth, 23 That I will not take from a thread even to a shoelatchet, and that I will not take any thing that is thine, lest thou shouldest say, I have made Abram rich:

I knew God was saying, "Don't take that free legal service."

I told lawyer I could not accept the free legal service.

I continued to prepare myself to go to court without any human legal service.  The way I prepared was by keeping a list of scripture which had been given me by God before me day and night, even recording the scriptures on cassette tape so I could play that tape and hear those scriptures when I went to bed each night.

Six days before the trial was scheduled in US District Court, the man dropped all charged against me.

This was not a short battle.  It was several months between the time the man filed the law suit and the time the man dropped all charged.  The fear was rampant during this time.  I settled myself second by second with the scriptures given me by God.  I learned what it meant to stand on the Word of God.

As David understood how to use that sling shot because he had seen it work, I learned how to turn to God with the problem and stand against the problem with that word given me by God.  I know this works, just as David knew those stones for the sling shot would work against Goliath.  The Word we receive from God will never fail.  We just have to work to have faith by holding on to that Word from God and enduring the trial of life to the end by that word given us by God.

========== 


Please share with us the examples you have where you stood on a scripture to fight fear or persecution so we can print your example on the blog to encourage others.  

Email: joanboney@sbcglobal.net