Sunday, June 30, 2019

God uses HOLY SPIRIT that is in us to keep us in HIS way.


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

As we travel along God's highway, the Holy Spirit rises up in us to remind us of the right way to keep us from turning off that highway of God.

I John 4:4-6    Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is HE that is in you, than he that is in the world.

They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.


We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

***

The Holy Spirit searches the heart of God to reveal God's will to us.  (I Corinthians 2)

As soon as we hear from the Holy Spirit, the devil will likely bring us another idea to get us to follow devil and our own flesh which sides with devil.

So the battle begins.

Which way to go?  What is truth in the matter?

We pray, and trust in God, knowing assuredly that God will get HIS truth to those of us who have a good heart, are born of HIS Spirit, and really want to know.

Remember when God saved you and gave you HIS Spirit?

I certainly remember that ... and I think of that time for it is so stablizing to me.

***

God is a spirit.  (John 4:24)

But rest in this truth:  God knows how to reach us!

If we trust in ourselves we will become fearful.

If we trust in God and depend on the Holy Spirit we can relax knowing the following truth.

Jesus says:

John 14:26    But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in MY name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

John 16:13   Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

***

The Holy Spirit that is in us rises up to bring to our mind a scripture, a dream, a concept to show us the will of God for our lives.  Thus it is "the living word", alive, vibrant, suited exactly to fit our need at that moment ... and it is the will of God for us in the issue at hand.

Shortly after I was born again in 1975, I had a business in American Indian arts in Dallas.  A man filed a lawsuit against me and other dealers in Dallas.  Legal fees were eating up all the profit to my business.   I prayed, "What to do?"  And the Holy Spirit called the following scripture to my mind. 

Isaiah 54:17    No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of ME, saith the Lord.

I began to reason with myself:

"No weapon formed against me will prosper.  This lawsuit and all these legal fees that I am paying are certainly weapons against me.  I am now a servant of God.  Therefore these weapons will not prosper.  So why am I paying lawyer to defend me?  I can at least stop these legal bills.  I will go to court without any human lawyer."

WHO was leading me in this decision?

WHO brought that scripture to my mind?

God, by the Holy Spirit, brought that specific scripture to my mind.  That is the direction for me to go in this issue.

I was a very young Christian at that time.  I made an appointment with my pastor to discuss my thinking with him and to receive his counsel.   As I drove to the appointment, I prayed for God to give pastor wisdom.

After I spoke, pastor said, "Joan ... I perceive you have faith to do this."

I released my attorney. 

Then attorney said, "Joan ... you can't do this!  You just don't know how evil these courts are."

With that, I told Gordon the following:  

"I am a Christian ... and in the Bible God says no weapon that is formed against me will prosper ... This lawsuit is a weapon against me ... That weapon will not prosper."

***

A few days later, lawyer came to me saying,  "Joan ... we have decided to continue to represent you without any future legal fees."

(But I didn't hear Gordon say anything about God sending him to do this.)

I replied:  "You're going to have to let me get back to you on this."

I prayed:  "God ... what do YOU want me to do?"

The Holy Spirit brought the following scripture to my mind:

Genesis 14:22-23    And Abram said to the king of Sodom, I have lift up mine hand unto the Lord, the most high God, the possessor of heaven and earth,  That I will not take from a thread even to a shoelatchet, and that I will not take any thing that is thine, lest thou shouldest say, I have made Abram rich:

By that scripture, I believed God was telling me not to accept the "free" legal counsel which amounted to about $10,000, and to go to court without human legal counsel as I had previously planned to do because of Isaiah 54:17.

So I told lawyer I could not accept the free counsel and I continued with the plan to go to court without human legal counsel.

I was very frightened!

But I was also satisfied that I had heard from God on this issue.

During those months, the Holy Spirit brought several other scriptures to my mind to settle me and to give me courage and strength.  I wrote down those scriptures and then recorded them on a cassette recorder on both sides of the tape, playing these scriptures over and over.  I would put the tape on when I went to bed and I would fall asleep to the tape playing those scriptures given me by the Holy Spirit.  Each time I awoke in the night, I would turn the tape over and begin playing the scriptures again and fall asleep again to those scriptures playing.  This continued for a few months.

The trial date was set for USA District Court.

Six days before we were to appear in court, I received a phone call from the lawyer of the man who was suing us.  The lawyer said he was calling me because I did not have a lawyer.  His client had "cut us loose"  removing the charges.

I asked the lawyer if the charges were dropped against everyone or just against me.

The lawyer said, "He cut everyone loose!"

It was over ... almost.

My former lawyer came to my business to see me.  Gordon said he wanted me to know they had discussed my case for weeks at the law firm and they believed what I said happened actually happened.  

God intervened.  No weapon formed against me would be allowed to prosper.

Through this, I saw that not only does God bless me, but God blesses other people through my actions as I believe what HE has told me by HIS Spirit and as I act upon that which I believe.

***

*  The Holy Spirit, The Spirit of Truth, searches the heart of God where we are concerned and shows us the will of God for us at that specific moment in things of this present life.

Two examples:

I was driving along the highway and at a signal light, I noticed a pick up truck with a flat bed trailer loaded with fire wood for fireplace.  I thought, "I wish my fireplace was wood burning."  Immediately the thought came into my mind (from Holy Spirit), "You can have that!" ... Instantly I realized that was true, I could change my fireplace from gas logs to wood burning.  I had never thought of that before. I was out of debt and had more than enough money saved to make this change.  The next morning I called the fireplace shop and arranged to have this change made and I lived the remaining years in that house with real wood burning in that fireplace.

Psalm 84:11   For the Lord God is a sun and shield: the Lord will give grace and glory: no good thing will HE withhold from them that walk uprightly.

Another example:  At one point, I purchased a new TV.  It had a problem with the picture.  The dealer said he would calibrate the TV but he did not do that and I continued to live for the next year with streaked picture.  I would try to fix the problem with my remote when I was greatly troubled as I often was with the picture.  One day, as I was trying to make the picture clearer, I had the following brought to my mind by the Holy Spirit of God:  "You don't have to live with that."  

I paused and began thinking ... and then I responded, "That's right!" ... Never before had I considered replacing that TV.  It was an expensive TV and I had it only one year.  But I believed I had heard the truth from God.  I did not have to live with that TV.  I had the money whereby I could just go buy another TV,  which I did immediately.  I had the installer remove the defective plasma, getting it completely out of my sight.  Years later, I forgave the dealer who had defrauded me.

The Holy Spirit shows us the way of peace and the way that is the will of God for us at that specific point in time. 

Jesus says:

John 14:26  But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in MY name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. 

John 16:13   Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

***

*  God leads us through dreams to show us what to do. 

In 2001, I had a dream where I was building a house.  I even saw the exact lot where I was building.  


At the time of this dream, I had a nice house in Clovis, NM (USA), where my mother and I lived.  I had no plans at all for building another house.

Toward the end of that year, my mother, 97-years-old, fell and broke another hip.  I had been shown in a dream that when she fell again, it would end her life. She died about 2 months after this second fall.

I made plans immediately to sell the house in Clovis and to move to Lubbock, Texas.

In Lubbock, I met with realtor and looked at a few houses, but I couldn't forget that dream where I was building a house.  I met with a contractor and began building a house in Lubbock, where I lived for the next 19-years.

I fell in the night in 2018.  As the ambulance people rolled me past the front door of my house in Lubbock, I heard these words from God, by HIS Spirit.  "You'll never see this house again."

I knew that was true.  The season for my living in that house at that location in Texas had ended.  I put the house up for sale immediately, not knowing where I would be going.  But I knew God had a plan for me and HE would reveal it, which HE did in a few weeks.

I would be moving to Colorado Springs, Colorado, to live in home of one of the members of our little church group.  

(Pam is a very godly woman, praying over things and really hearing from the Spirit of God and doing what she knows God has shown her to do.)

After 2 1/2 months in rehabilitation hospitals in Lubbock, Texas, Pam flew to Lubbock from Denver to help me get from Texas to Colorado by air.  My physical condition at that time was so bad I would not have been able to fly alone.

Four months later, as I write this to you, my physical condition has greatly improved, though I am 81-years-old, and I'm able to write again and do many things about the house by using a walker.

I was unable to write on blog or books between the fall on December 6, 2018, and March 1, 2019.

I believe I would have died on the hall floor at my house in Texas, except for one thing God spoke to me by HIS Spirit and said to me, "You can do this,"  as I was trying crawl, on one hip, to inch myself to the area where there was a phone.

I had a broken hip and a very badly broken left wrist as I tried to inch my way on the floor from hallway to bedroom.  It took 4 1/2 hours.  When I reached the phone cord and pulled on the cord, the receiver to the phone squirted off and I never saw it again.  A Kindle tablet was lying under the table where it was recharging.  I crawled a few more agonizing feet and got my hand on the tablet and finally managed to send email to our church group:  "Help ... fallen ... send ambulance."  

Pam Padgett, in Colorado, received that email and called the Lubbock, Texas, police department asking for ambulance to be sent to my house in Texas.  Then she sent email to me and our church group telling us that she had arranged for ambulance to come to my house.

I was very glad to hear the ambulance people at my front door!

By HIS Spirit, God does all things for us and makes all things possible ... by HIS Spirit WHO dwells in us!

***

Ecclesiastes 3:1  To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.




*****