Thursday, June 20, 2019

Calling on God in spiritual warfare battles


Joan Boney … apostle/prophet

Psalm 62

My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from HIM.

HE only is my rock and my salvation: HE is my defence; I shall not be moved.

In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God.

Trust in HIM at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before HIM: God is a refuge for us.


***

Twice I've gone through extreme spiritual warfare battles where it was so bad I couldn't do anything but lie in my bed and pray … sometimes just saying the same thing over and over.

Help me!  Help me!  Help me!

***

Another time, I had a dream which was so frightening, I was affected much as Daniel the prophet described in the visions that troubled him.  

In both situation, certainly God sustained me and in the terrifying dream which I call, "The Poison Gas" dream, I did received the interpretation but only after approximately two years.

Here are some reactions shared in Bible concerning the affect some of Daniel's visions had on him personally.


***

Daniel reports in Bible:



Daniel 7:15   I Daniel was grieved in my spirit in the midst of my body, and the visions of my head troubled me. 

Daniel 7:28  As for me Daniel, my cogitations much troubled me, and my countenance changed in me: but I kept the matter in my heart.

Daniel was very troubled over a vision he had seen.  He sought God to know what the vision meant.  Daniel's visions were of the end time and the great tribulation that was to come upon the earth.  But the visions had very extreme affects on the prophet Daniel.

Daniel 8:15-19     And it came to pass, when I, even I Daniel, had seen the vision, and sought for the meaning, then, behold, there stood before me as the appearance of a man.

And I heard a man's voice between the banks of Ulai, which called, and said, Gabriel, make this man to understand the vision. 

(Gabriel is an angel of God.  God commands Gabriel to make the vision known to Daniel.) 

So he came near where I stood: and when he came, I was afraid, and fell upon my face: but he said unto me, Understand, O son of man: for at the time of the end shall be the vision.
Now as he was speaking with me, I was in a deep sleep on my face toward the ground: but he touched me, and set me upright.  And he said, Behold, I will make thee know what shall be in the last end of the indignation: for at the time appointed the end shall be.

***

Daniel 8:27   And I Daniel fainted, and was sick certain days; afterward I rose up, and did the king's business; and I was astonished at the vision, but none understood it.

This is a very extreme example of spiritual warfare.


***

Daniel 9:20-23    And whiles I was speaking, and praying, and confessing my sin and the sin of my people Israel, and presenting my supplication before the Lord my God for the holy mountain of my God;

Yea, whiles I was speaking in prayer, even the man Gabriel, whom I had seen in the vision at the beginning, being caused to fly swiftly, touched me about the time of the evening oblation.

And he informed me, and talked with me, and said,
O Daniel, I am now come forth to give thee skill and understanding.  At the beginning of thy supplications the commandment came forth, and I am come to shew thee; for thou art greatly beloved: therefore understand the matter, and consider the vision.


***

Daniel 10:1-3    In the third year of Cyrus king of Persia a thing was revealed unto Daniel, whose name was called Belteshazzar; and the thing was true, but the time appointed was long: and he understood the thing, and had understanding of the vision.


In those days I Daniel was mourning three full weeks.
I ate no pleasant bread, neither came flesh nor wine in my mouth, neither did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled.

***

Daniel 10:4-14    And in the four and twentieth day of the first month, as I was by the side of the great river, which is Hiddekel;

Then I lifted up mine eyes, and looked, and behold a certain man clothed in linen, whose loins were girded with fine gold of Uphaz: His body also was like the beryl, and his face as the appearance of lightning, and his eyes as lamps of fire, and his arms and his feet like in colour to polished brass, and the voice of his words like the voice of a multitude.

And I Daniel alone saw the vision: for the men that were with me saw not the vision; but a great quaking fell upon them, so that they fled to hide themselves.

Therefore I was left alone, and saw this great vision, and there remained no strength in me: for my comeliness was turned in me into corruption, and I retained no strength.

Yet heard I the voice of his words: and when I heard the voice of his words, then was I in a deep sleep on my face, and my face toward the ground.

And, behold, an hand touched me, which set me upon my knees and upon the palms of my hands.

And he said unto me, O Daniel, a man greatly beloved, understand the words that I speak unto thee, and stand upright: for unto thee am I now sent. And when he had spoken this word unto me, I stood trembling.

Then said he unto me, Fear not, Daniel: for from the first day that thou didst set thine heart to understand, and to chasten thyself before thy God, thy words were heard, and I am come for thy words.

But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days: but, lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me; and I remained there with the kings of Persia.
Now I am come to make thee understand what shall befall thy people in the latter days: for yet the vision is for many days.

Most of the times, visions are far less severe.


***

* There are times the devil comes to steal the word of God from your hearts.

Mark 4:14-15    The sower soweth the word. And these are they by the way side, where the word is sown; but when they have heard, Satan cometh immediately, and taketh away the word that was sown in their hearts.

In this case, you must keep that word that is given to you by God before you day and night in order to hold onto that word and not allow Satan to steal that word from you.  For he will do so if you let him.

***

* Sometimes the battle comes because we are doing wrong.

I Peter 2:20   For what glory is it, if, when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently? but if, when ye do well, and suffer for it, ye take it patiently, this is acceptable with God.

If we want something and have not been able to get it and become depressed and angry, then we are being attacked by devils "for our faults"

Of if we fail to forgive those who trespass against us we will be attacked "for our faults".

It is sort of like a man robbing a bank ... getting caught ... and suffering because he was doing the wrong thing.

In such cases, we must give up "our fault" … turn from the sin we are committing … learn to really say and mean, "THY will be done in my life."    And when we can say and mean that the attack ends.


***

Doing and living Ephesians 6 as a way of life.

Ephesians 6:10    Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of HIS might.

Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.


And take the helmet of salvation,  and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

Parts of the armor of God are listed above as:

- truth
- righteousness
- peace
- faith
- salvation
- prayer

We dress ourselves in these things continually, daily.

At the end of each day's writings on this blog, we have begun listing most of the scriptures printed in the blog.  I hope you find this helpful.  I spend time with these scriptures and have found it very beneficial.  It is not just a matter of reading through these verses but rather in "meditating" on these verses, which means looking closely and allowing the Holy Spirit to work in us, getting these verses more deeply in our hearts and sometimes showing us another way to go to conform to the Word of God.

***

Often we have a reason for the spiritual warfare battle.

For example:

If the troubling issue is money, first pray, asking God what you should do.  

Be aware you might need to restructure your life, cutting back in your spending.  There might be some action you need to take.  God showed me to get out of debt and stay out of debt.  Most people take out as big a mortgage as the lending company will give them.  Often they take a job that they hate in order to get more money to get a bigger mortgage, going into even more debt.  I took no mortgage and lived within my means.  This does not seem wise to rent apartment when you could be using that rent money as equity for a house. But mortgage allows you to go into debt.

I found I just couldn't go into debt, even for a house.

I continued to live in an apartment until money accumulated (10-years), and it did accumulate, then I paid for building of an apartment on a lot owned by my mother.  

Two or three years after that money had accumulated again, I bought a lot on the golf course.  It was a very good buy, $13,750, and I had money to pay for it

 A few years later money had accumulated to the point I was able to build a house on the lot on the golf course and pay for it in full with accumulated money.

I just did what God showed me to do even when it seemed unwise.

But most church people are led by what seems wise in the eyes of humans and often this is the door by which the spiritual attack enters.


***

There are many avenues for devils to attack … covetousness, desires for more and better,  even desires to have the "best", unwise marriages, divorce and remarriage, adultery, fornication, greed, hatred, strife, competition pushing you to unwise acts, drunkenness, and so on.

Jesus says:

Matthew 7:13-14    Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

It is so "easy" and "reasonable" to the flesh of man to go into the very wide gate to destruction and there are many paths leading through that gate.  And you will have much encouragement from thoughts sent by devils to go that way.  Devils want to torment and destroy you.

Few, even in church groups, will choose that narrow way.

Jesus warns:

Luke 21:34-36    And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting (over indulgence), and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares.

For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth.

Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

(Watch therefore:  Watch yourselves and that which you choose to do.)


***

Psalm 111:10    The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever.


Joshua 1:8    This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.

***

Hymns are also very helpful.  See HYMN blog ... upper right corner of Jesus Ministries Exhortations home page.


*****