Tuesday, June 18, 2019

* God's Word through visions


Joan Boney … apostle/prophet

God speaks as HE wills.  Sometimes the Word of God comes through scripture.  Other times God uses angels to delivers messages of God.  And God uses prophesy, visions, and dreams.


Concerning visions:

Acts 10:1-6    There was a certain man in Caesarea called Cornelius, a centurion of the band called the Italian band, A devout man, and one that feared God with all his house, which gave much alms to the people, and prayed to God alway.

He saw in a vision evidently about the ninth hour of the day an angel of God coming in to him, and saying unto him, Cornelius.


And when he looked on him, he was afraid, and said, What is it, Lord?

(There is nothing in Bible showing angels with wings, so far as I know.  There are examples of angels appearing looking like men.)

And he said unto him, Thy prayers and thine alms are come up for a memorial before God. And now send men to Joppa, and call for one Simon, whose surname is Peter: He lodgeth with one Simon a tanner, whose house is by the sea side: he shall tell thee what thou oughtest to do.


***


Exodus 23:20-23     Behold, I send an Angel before thee, to keep thee in the way, and to bring thee into the place which I have prepared.

Beware of him, and obey his voice, provoke him not; for he will not pardon your transgressions: for MY name is in him.

But if thou shalt indeed obey his voice, and do all that I speak; then I will be an enemy unto thine enemies, and an adversary unto thine adversaries. 


For mine Angel shall go before thee...

(Does this happen in New Testament church?  Must remember it happened to Cornelius.)


***

Acts 10:10-20    Peter went up upon the housetop to pray about the sixth hour: And he became very hungry, and would have eaten: but while they made ready, he fell into a trance, And saw heaven opened, and a certain vessel descending upon him, as it had been a great sheet knit at the four corners, and let down to the earth: Wherein were all manner of fourfooted beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air. And there came a voice to him, Rise, Peter; kill, and eat.

But Peter said, Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten any thing that is common or unclean.

And the voice spake unto him again the second time, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common.

This was done thrice: and the vessel was received up again into heaven.

Now while Peter doubted in himself what this vision which he had seen should mean, behold, the men which were sent from Cornelius had made enquiry for Simon's house, and stood before the gate, And called, and asked whether Simon, which was surnamed Peter, were lodged there.

While Peter thought on the vision, the Spirit said unto him, Behold, three men seek thee.  Arise therefore, and get thee down, and go with them, doubting nothing: for I have sent them.


***

The first time I recall having a vision was at the prayer group I once attended.

We were all in a circle and they were praying and I heard, "Look up."  (I must have had my head down and perhaps my eyes shut for in those early days I just did what everyone else did at church.)

When I looked up, I saw a slight outline of a part of the human body appearing on the wall (sort of like TV).  But I couldn't recall what that part was.  So I said to God, "I know that is a part of the human body but I don't know which part."

I heard:  "Stomach."

My response:  "Oh yeah … that's what it is … stomach."  I recalled the TV Pepto-Bismal commercials showing the shape of a stomach.

When the women quit praying, I asked if anyone had a stomach problem.  One woman excitedly said she did.  I suspect everyone started praying for her but that is all I recall.

After that, I often had these open visions especially when I was in a church group... and lately I have had a few open visions when by myself.


***

One vision was concerning a young man named David.  He had ALS.  I saw David on a golf course.  He was jumping up and down and waving one hand toward us gesturing, "Come on."  David was completely paralyzed at that time, but I saw him whole and happy, overjoyed in fact.  I knew this meant David would die, but he was alright spiritually.  He was going on before us, but was telling us to join him.

A church member said to me, "Don't you think that means David is going to be healed?"

I replied, "David is dying.  But he will be alright."

David died.  

(I wrote the vision I had of David and sent it to his wife and children so they could read about David's joy and drive sorrow away.  I also recommended that they have the vision read at his funeral but I don't know if they did this.)


***

In approximately March 2019, I had an open vision about the house we have for sale in Texas.  

A man drove down the street past the house. He got to the end of the lot and it was as if he just couldn't resist.  He stopped and backed his car up and stared at the house intently.

I think this vision might be showing a man who viewed the house in June, 2019, and liked it a lot.  That was about 2 weeks ago.  Nothing has been heard from him since then.  I suspect he will return and look again.


***

Acts 16:9-10    And a vision appeared to Paul in the night; There stood a man of Macedonia, and prayed him, saying, Come over into Macedonia, and help us.

And after he had seen the vision, immediately we endeavoured to go into Macedonia, assuredly gathering that the Lord had called us for to preach the gospel unto them.


***

Joel 2:28-29  (God says through the prophet Joel)   I will pour out MY spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions: And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out MY spirit.

Acts 2, the day of Pentecost came and all nations gathered and the disciples of Jesus began speaking messages to them in tongues which were heard in the various languages of the men who gathered to hear.  Some thought these men who were speaking were drunk.

Acts 2:17-18    And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of MY Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of MY Spirit; and they shall prophesy:  


***

Concerning the apostle Paul …

Acts 27:9-11   And when we had sailed slowly many days, and scarce were come over against Cnidus, the wind not suffering us, we sailed under Crete, over against Salmone; And, hardly passing it, came unto a place which is called The fair havens; nigh whereunto was the city of Lasea.

Now when much time was spent, and when sailing was now dangerous, because the fast was now already past, Paul admonished them,
(warned them)

And said unto them,   Sirs, I perceive that this voyage will be with hurt and much damage, not only of the lading and ship, but also of our lives.
Nevertheless the centurion believed the master and the owner of the ship, more than those things which were spoken by Paul.

(At first the weather seemed favorable, but a storm came up and there was great fear of shipwreck … except an angel of the Lord appeared to Paul to tell him what would happen.)

Acts 27:20-24    And when neither sun nor stars in many days appeared, and no small tempest lay on us, all hope that we should be saved was then taken away.

But after long abstinence Paul stood forth in the midst of them, and said, Sirs, ye should have hearkened unto me, and not have loosed from Crete, and to have gained this harm and loss.

And now I exhort you to be of good cheer: for there shall be no loss of any man's life among you, but of the ship.

For there stood by me this night the angel of God, whose I am, and whom I serve,
Saying, Fear not, Paul; thou must be brought before Caesar: and, lo, God hath given thee all them that sail with thee.

Wherefore, sirs, be of good cheer: for I believe God, that it shall be even as it was told me.


***

On January 10, 1980, I was asleep in the night.  A very loud trumpet-like voice sounded in my ear saying three words.  "Hartford, Seattle, KWJS"

KWJS turned out to be a religious broadcasting radio station.  God showed me to call the station manager who told me to send an audition tape, which I recorded that same day and sent immediately.

Within a few days, they offered me a contract and within about five days I was recording daily exhortations for the church on KWJS.

Within a year, I was on radio coast to coast, from Hartford to Seattle.


***

When I was in the hospital, December 2019, following surgery where they repaired broken bones after I had an accident,  I had a vision of a woman from our church group.  She was standing at the foot of my hospital bed.  She looked at me, and without a word, she turned and disappeared through the wall.

I thought this was caused by the pain medicine.

But a few days after this vision, this same woman came to bring something to me in the rehabilitation center.   She told me she no longer cared about Bible or anything else.  I began to plead with her, "But if you walk away, what will happen to you?"

She replied, "I don't want to discuss this with you."

Here is a person from our own church group who didn't want to discuss a spiritual matter with me.

Impossible!

So I simply said, "Bye, bye."  

She went into the bathroom in my room about the same time a nurses aide came into my room.

I called out to her asking her not to leave until after the nurses aide left.

But she snuck out.

I realized the vision I had in the hospital was God showing me what she was going to do.

Dreams, visions, and prophecies can be very helpful to us keeping us on track and not allowing us to be deceived by thinking what we want to think, or to be discouraged by what others think, but rather causing us to focus on truth from God by HIS Spirit, the Spirit of Truth.


***


As this world grows darker, we as light must get brighter.

Hebrews 10:25-26   exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,



***

The apostle Paul said:

II Timothy 3:1-7   This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;  


Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. 

For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts, Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. 

Notice in the above scripture, Paul warns us about people in the church being  false accusers, incontinent, fierce.   

(I'm certain Paul is speaking of evil in the church for Paul says they will have a form of godliness, looking like the church.) 

In June, 2019, I encountered such a person in our own little church group.  It is sometimes hard for me to believe what I heard her say as she railed against me.  The spirit by which she spoke was bitter, incontinent, even fierce, and I believe a false accuser against me, just as Paul described.  I was very shocked. 

I was speaking with her by phone and it became so bad that I called Pam Padgett to get on the extension phone and listen and also participate in the phone call as a mediator. 

Even knowing that Pam was listening, she railed out again at me.  

For a few minutes, she stopped saying any thing and Pam and I talked and peace seemed to be back, but she has shown by non-response that she no longer wants "fellowship" with us.

I John 1:7    But if we walk in the light, as HE is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

If we go off into the darkness of unforgiveness we will become bitter, hostile, and even fierce and we will separate ourselves from the people of God.


If we want to avoid a righteous, godly person … then we have chosen to go off into darkness.

But if both persons "walk in the light" we will have fellowship.

To turn your back on a godly person is suicide.

It is a very difficult thing to see.  But there are difficult things to see in scripture also.

I Corinthians 5:11;13     But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolator, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat ... Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

Railer is one who shows bitterness and vehemence against another, holding unforgiveness in their heart.

At first, we did put the railer, the woman in our group, away from us.  Later we tried to reconcile because we wanted her to be able to get some recent messages on the subject of keeping yourself ready for the return of Jesus.  Then she disappeared from us.

It is very difficult to go through this.

Revelation 12:12   Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

And Jesus warned us:

Matthew 24:12-13   And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.
But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Two critical things for us:  pray and keep the Word of God before us.

I keep scripture, dreams, prophecies in writing by my bedside so I can look at these before I go to sleep at night, building myself up spiritually.  Also I often take these printed pages with me when I leave the house so I can view them while waiting in car or waiting in line at store. 

Make opportunities to see Word of God.

Truth from God is important even if it is something we'd rather not see.


***

Scriptures  (for spiritual warfare)

II Corinthians 10:3-5    For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;) Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;


***

Philippians 4:6-7    Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.


***

I Thessalonians 5:21   Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.


*****