Saturday, June 15, 2019

Church woman in 60's takes in 81- year- old woman to live in her home.


Joan Boney … apostle/prophet


This is a miraculous story of faith and help from God.

***

On December 6, 2018 … I fell at my home in Texas.  I broke my hip again, same hip as broken in 2010, and I broke my left hand at wrist, and had to have major reconstructive surgery on hand, and also surgery on hip.

As the ambulance people were rolling me out of my house on gurney, we reached the front door of my house, and I heard these words from God:  "You'll never see this house again."

I knew God had another plan for me but I didn't know what that plan was.

I just knew the season at that house in Texas was over.

I spent the next 2 1/2 months in rehabilitation centers in Texas.

I put the house up for sale even before I knew where I was to be moving after rehab.


***

At that time, a woman in our church group said to me:  "I don't see how you can do this.  I don't see how you can put your house up for sale."

(I don't think this woman understood about faith in God.  When you really hear from God, that is what you can plan on, and I had heard about the Texas house.  I would not be living there again.)


***

This was my third fall, and it was much more severe than any previous fall.

During the first month in rehabilitation hospital, a plan came, whereby I would move to Colorado to live in home of Pam Padgett, our little church group.

Looking back on this, it was truly amazing!

I was so injured by this fall that they kept me on narcotics every four hours for about 8 weeks.

I couldn't taste food and lost 40 pounds.

I got shingles in hospital and couldn't have materials touch my back.  They put me in quarantine and didn't want me out of my room. This caused me to have a set back in trying to learn to walk again.  I was unable to put any weight at all on left leg for six weeks, so therapy was very restricted.  And I was very weak from not being able to eat.  I didn't know if I would live.  It was bad.

But in spite of this, we set a tentative date of February 24th, 2019, for move to Colorado where Pam lives.  

(She would fly from Denver to Texas the night before the move and fly back with me.  At that point, I couldn't have tried to make this trip without continual assistance.  In December, 2018, Pam even had to assist me in getting from rehab-hospital to a doctor's appointment with a surgeon.  I was in such poor condition, I had to be transported by ambulance back to the rehab-hospital.)

I was in such bad condition that week before the scheduled move that the staff did not want me to leave my room at all.

The social worker said, "Are you really going to try to move to Colorado on February 24?"

Yes ... I was.  

I had the concept that if I didn't move then, I would die in that Texas rehabilitation center.

The head nurse, Robert, thought I could make the move as scheduled.  One of my therapists agreed.

Though I was extremely weak, due to being unable to eat and all the weight loss over the 2 1/2 months, I knew I had to try to move.

The shingles were raging over my body that last week, but they were not running sores, so they were not contagious.  I was cleared by medical people to fly to Colorado as scheduled.

When we got to the actual boarding onto the plane, they couldn't get my wheelchair to go through the door to the plane.  There was no way I could walk with a cane or even with a walker!  One of the male flight attendants was a hefty man and said he would be my walker and get me into my seat.  He did.  The flight went unbelievably well.  I had both pain pills and nausea medicine.  But I didn't have to take either.  It surprised me everything went so well since I was so ill.


***

What faith it took for Pam to take me into her house!  I couldn't walk to get to bathroom and could barely get to porta-potty.  I couldn't eat.  And I am currently 81-years-old.

I fell the 2nd night at Pam's house.  I ended up half way under the bed.  The porta-potty fell on top of me and probably broke my left cheek bone.  (It is still sore 4 months later.)

Pam had to call 911 for medical help to get me up from floor.

Gratefully, there were no broken bones anywhere but face, although we didn't go to doctor or have x-rays.  Medical people just got me off floor and got me into bed.  And left me with Pam.

This must have been very hard for Pam.


***

Incredibly, I got better week by week.

Now, four months after moving, I am able to go to bathroom unassisted.  (a great blessing)  I walk well with my walker.  I can eat again so I have strength.  I can write again on blog. (my great joy)  I'm able to get in car with walker but unassisted.

I have often thought:  Who would take an 81-year-old woman into their home in this condition?

This is an example of great faith in God and communication with God on Pam's part.

Here is her report:

***

Pam Padgett … Member of body of Christ

We can only move forward in peace with those who are walking in light, led by the Holy Spirit. 

Earlier today I was thinking of how easily Joan and I live in the same house. Joan has been here almost 4 months, and it seems better for me than when I lived alone. 

This seemed impossible to imagine before Joan moved here, and I was quite concerned

I have lived alone for so long. Could this possibly work out?  

But I talked with God about my concerns and was comforted by scripture HE gave me …  

Isaiah 41:10 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of MY righteousness.

Hebrews 13:5 ... for HE hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. 

When there is a problem, which isn't very often, we each turn to God and HE works it out, changing our thinking or correcting us, as HE wills. 

But this is possible only because we have, and try to follow, the same Spirit. 


***

Comments by Joan Boney … One thing I will share with you about the fall.  

I lived alone in Texas when I fell.  It was about 2:30 a.m.  I fell in hallway adjacent to bedroom.  The floor in that area is tile.  I knew the fall was very bad.  I did not have a medical alert necklace.  The nearest phone was approximately six-feet away.  I knew I had broken bones.

I heard this as I tried to inch myself down that hallway toward nearest phone.

"You can do this."

Had I not heard this word, which I believed to be from God, I think I would have died on that tile floor.

It took 4 1/2 hours to inch my way to the phone area in my bedroom.

I pulled phone off the table by reaching the phone cord.  But the phone receiver shot out across the room somewhere and I never saw it again.

I had a Kindle tablet on the floor under a table recharging.  It was a terrible thing for me to try to do this but I managed to inch myself and get that tablet.  I finally got church list after several attempts.  I was very weak by that time.  It took several tries for me to write email crying out for help.

I wrote:  "Help … fell … send ambulance."

Pam Padgett got the email around 7:30 a.m.

But she lives in Colorado.  I needed ambulance in Texas.  She decided to call the Lubbock, Texas, police department.  They sent ambulance.  I can't tell you how happy I was when I heard someone at my front door!  I was safe.

God had put in my heart months before this happened the knowledge that I could not continue to live alone in the Texas house as I had been doing.

I had a large house in Texas.

But several months before this accident, I had in my heart a desire to live in one room instead of this large, spread out, house!  I know those desires were put in my heart by God.  And this is what I have at Pam's house now, one room, with my big-screen, 85" TV, and with my sound system.  I have a twin sized bed in one corner and a theatre-style love seat.  My cat is also here.  

(Pam flew to Lubbock in January and drove my 24-year-old car, with cat, to Colorado.  It took Pam and two other women 3 hours to catch my cat to get her into carrier.)

When I finally arrived at Pam's house, cat looked out from corner and saw me and ran to me and jumped in my lap.  "Is it really YOU?"  For the next month, cat didn't want to get off my lap or off my bed, wherever I happen to be!  She is still nervous when I leave the bedroom.

So we all live here … Pam, me, 2 very big dogs, Pam's cat, and her 87-year-old neighbor's cat which she took in when Jim had to be put in a care-home.  (In case you've lost count … that is 2 people, 2 big dogs, 3 cats.)

I love it! … but I like animals!  (a good thing)

***

Concerning God putting desires into your heart, I believe that is what this scripture means:

Psalm 37:4    Delight thyself also in the Lord: and HE shall give thee the desires of thine heart. 

I believe this means God will put those desires into your heart according to HIS will for you.



*****