Sunday, June 23, 2019

There are many "good" messages. But the message must be the message God wants spoken at that time.


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

There was a woman in our little church group who often had spiritual gifts, "word of wisdom" and "word of knowledge."

I would open her email with great anticipation of that which she would write to our group.

But so often I would be disappointed, for instead of writing the information she had in the spiritual gift, she would repeat something I had already written.  I knew she wrote the wrong message, though it was a "good" message sharing "right" truths from God.

***

In 1982, God said to me:

"The time is come judgment must begin at the house of God."

For most of an afternoon, I heard the above, over and over.

After this, a day or so later, God began showing me sins being committed by big-time radio/TV preachers.  

When I couldn't get these messages to these men, because they filter their mail and keep disturbing messages from reaching themselves, I gave the message on my radio broadcasts coast to coast.  Then these preachers got the message!

The radio station manager in Seattle said to me:

"Joan ... you have many 'good' messages.  Just speak those.  If you continue to speak these judgment messages, I don't know what will happen to you.  We might have to put you off the air."

The Holy Spirit in me replied:

"George ... if I don't speak the message I believe to be from God, then I don't have a message, and I may as well be off the air."

***

The woman in our church group who kept speaking the wrong message and hid those "impressions" God had given her by word of wisdom and word of knowledge, turned into a railer against me, and is not with us at the time of this writing.

(Many are called.  But few are chosen.  Matthew 22:14 ...  When we yield ourselves to the Spirit of God, speaking and doing God's word to us, we show ourselves faithful to God ... but if we set aside the spiritual gifts and speak and do other things, we deal wrongly with the word of God to us.)

I tried many times to turn her ... but she saw me as one who kept throwing rocks at her ... Those "rocks" were the many exhortations which I gave to turn her to the real work of God which was to share faithfully "word of wisdom" and "word of knowledge" ... but she just couldn't get the message.

Many times when I pointed out the specific instance, she would say to me:  "I thought of that."  but she rarely shared that of which she thought.  That was the message from the Holy Spirit for the church.  She would share another message which seemed to be good.

Finally, she turned into incredible railing against me!  It was a very big shock to me, for all the time when I had been speaking to her, I was trying to "provoke her to love and good works."  Hebrews 10:24  And I believe it was God leading me to speak to her and to try to turn her to HIM and to the HOLY Spirit.

Railer:  One who speaks bitterly and vehemently against another.

The apostle Paul says this concerning "railers".

I Corinthians 5:11;13    But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolator, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat...  Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

***

A warning for us:

A good tree can turn corrupt.  

Corrupt basically means influenced by something other than the purity of the creation.

Corrupt:  made unreliable by errors or alterations

***

I have ideas and thoughts that seem good but when I turn to God in prayer, proving the concept, I am sometimes taken another way showing me that thought is not correct.  Often I will be reminded of a scripture but I also know devil can quote scripture.

Matthew 4:5-7    Then the devil taketh him (Jesus) up into the holy city, and setteth him on a pinnacle of the temple,  And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.

Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.


***

The Holy Spirit that is in us has a way of showing us truth ... if we will accept the truth.

But if we let our flesh get so strong that we keep rejecting the Spirit, how long before we are turned over by God to a reprobate mind ... a mind without God's judgment.

Romans 1:38-32    And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

***

One thing I noticed about Barbara, she got to where she would go dead when I spoke of spiritual things by phone to her.  When I spoke of movies or TV, life came into her and she brightened up and got excited. 

I saw this many times over many months or even years.  Her real interest was in secular things and she tolerated the spiritual speaking until it ended and the secular subjects surfaced, then she came alive.

Matthew 6:21    where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Toward the end, she told me about watching some "fluffy, heart warming" type series on Hallmark channel.  

(This surprised me for Barbara was the type that when she and husband visited the Grand Canyon, she looked into the very big hole, turned and went back to the hotel and became interested in a book about suicides committed at the Grand Canyon.)

Even in this TV series, it was like she was wanting to see people as all good and live in a fantasy land.

Finally she saw a biography about the lead character in the Hallmark series, a really "good" character on the TV series, and in the biography this woman was involved in something that Barbara viewed as wrong, and Barbara said she could no longer watch that series on TV.

She seemed to be searching with her flesh and even disappointed by her flesh.

Then she leveled a very ungodly, brutal, vicious attack against me.

Now she is gone.

I recall a dream:  There was a necklace with three perfectly matched stones.  Then one of the stones turned black.

(When we started the blog, March in 2012, Barbara, Pam Padgett, and I were the writers for the blog.   Then when Barbara turned black, we had to stop her from control of the writings in the blog although I still published, from time to time, that which she wrote to our church group.)

I believe a person can start out as good in the church and turn another way, following a wrong spirit which appeals to his or her flesh.

A pastor at the church I attended in the early 80's showed by his word that he greatly desired to be great.  He even said from pulpit that he was going to be greater than Kenneth Copeland, having more radio/TV stations than Copeland.  At that time, we had approximately 200 people attending services on the best day.  Bob ended with an 8,000 seat church building and many radio and TV stations around the USA.  Today even the church building has been torn down and a youth hockey center built on the grounds.  There is no evidence that a church once met at that location.   (Robert Tilton:  Wikipedia)  And great was the fall of his house.  But I believe he started out as a real minister of Jesus Christ.  But he ended up as something else by following his fleshly desires for greatness and another spirit that was happy to help him obtain his desires.

We have all wanted that greatness.  But some of us followed the Spirit of God into areas where our flesh would suffer loss, saving our spirit from ourselves.

Beware!  Be warned.  Unless we follow the true Spirit of God, we can be swept away, corrupted, even destroyed.

***

Luke 6:22-23   Jesus says:  Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake.  Rejoice ye in that day, and leap for joy: for, behold, your reward is great in heaven: for in the like manner did their fathers unto the prophets.

Luke 6:26     Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets.


*****