Monday, June 24, 2019

Our own flesh works with devil against leading of the Holy Spirit


Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

People of this world worship the flesh of man and the achievements of man.

But what does the Bible tell us about the flesh of man?

Genesis 6:5-6    And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
And it repented the Lord that HE had made man on the earth, and it grieved HIM at HIS heart.

And God decided to destroy man by bringing a great flood upon the earth.

Genesis 6:8     But Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord.

So God destroyed all but Noah and his family.

***

The apostle Paul tells us the truth about the works of our own flesh.

Romans 7:17   For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing:

Yet it is the nature of our flesh that we want to rejoice in the glory of the flesh of man ... and we even look for heroes to allow our flesh to rejoice in man.

But here is truth about our flesh according to Bible.

Galatians 5:19-26    Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, idolatry, witchcraft (following superstitions), hatred, variance (arguing, debating), emulations (out doing other people), wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.


If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.  (walk in love, joy, peace)

We, who are born again having God's Spirit inside us, are able to choose the Spirit and the way of the Spirit over the way of our flesh and devils who promote the flesh of man.

When we are tempted to go in the preferences of our flesh, we have power through prayer.

"God ... please don't let me say 'that'   ... please don't let me do 'that' . "

I have prayed this many times and God has always honored my prayer, keeping me from speaking those words which my flesh wants to speak ... and keeping me from doing those things which my flesh wants to do.

The power over my flesh is God ... through prayer and faith in God.

I Corinthians 10:13    There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

*****