Friday, June 21, 2019

* Ways devil trys to devour us.


Joan Boney … apostle/prophet

I Peter 5:8-9   Be sober (clear minded), be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.

***

(We resist the devil by standing on the Word given to us by God by the Holy Spirit in the matter at hand.)

Ephesians 6:10    be strong in the Lord, and in the power of HIS might.

We learn to turn to God in prayer, pouring out our heart before HIM, and allowing God to reestablish us, usually by a word brought to mind by HIS Spirit.  Then we focus on that word, uprooting the thoughts from devil.  Thus we "stand" on God's Word given to us in the trial.

Example Recently I felt overwhelmed by various problems coming at me from many directions and I thought, "I've just got too many things at once."

Immediately I was reminded, by Holy Spirit, that God will not allow us to have more than we are able to deal with.

I responded:  "That's right!"  (and the heaviness around me vanished and I rejoiced in the truth of this concept.)

I Corinthians 10:13  There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.


***

Paul told us we are not ignorant of the devices Satan uses to pull us down and to destroy us.  Since we know these evils, we choose to resist, not going the way of the devil, and we choose to go in the way of God's
Word.


Hatred:  The devil tries to get us to hate someone … or to get someone to hate us and to tell us of the hatred.  Either way, unforgiveness is at work.  We win by turning to God with the problem and by focusing on that which God brings to our mind by the Spirit and by doing that.

Matthew 6:12;14-15 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors ... For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

*  Bitterness:  Deep seated hatred, often over several years.  Failure to take issue to God.  Failure to forgive.  If the person carrying the bitterness tells another person the perceived trespass, then bitterness can come into another person's heart.  Overall destruction brought by devils.  We control devils and stop them by choosing to forgive those who trespass against us.  Forgiveness closes the door on devils.

Envy:  Desire for that which another person has, especially if you have not been able to get this for yourself.  

Hebrews 13:5    Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for HE hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

Matthew 6:33-34    But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and HIS righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.  Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

(We learn to deal with today after prayer, action ... and we learn to pray over tomorrow... Casting all our care on God for HE careth for us.)

I Peter 5:7   Casting all your care upon HIM; for HE careth for you.

Philippians 4:6-7    Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.  And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

*  Strife:  We think we are right, otherwise we would not be striving.  But are we right?  And if we are right, are we able to stay right, with a good heart, as we strive?  Even if we are trying to bring someone to God, we have to be careful about our own heart.  

Psalm 51:10-11   Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.  Cast me not away from THY presence; and take not THY Holy Spirit from me.


Another person's words or actions:  Their words against us can burn through us.  We must settle it with God.  How does God view what I have done or am accused of doing?  God must show us the truth about ourselves.  We must really desire God's truth.

Another person can greatly hurt us by their actions … or by their silence, which is used by them as a testimony that they think we are wrong … or their silence shows us they did not repent and this can grieve and torment us..  Devil works both directions here.

Samuel, the prophet, grieved over Saul.  God said to Samuel I Samuel 16:1    How long wilt thou mourn for Saul, seeing I have rejected him from reigning over Israel? fill thine horn with oil, and go, I will send thee to Jesse the Bethlehemite: for I have provided me a king among his sons.

Sometimes you just have to put them away from you and go forward, refusing to focus on the rebellious for if the devil can get you to focus on them, you can go down with them.

I once said to my mother, "You can go down ... but I'm not going down with you."

My mother straightened up immediately upon hearing that.

***

II Corinthians 2:10-11   To whom ye forgive any thing, I forgive also: for if I forgave any thing, to whom I forgave it, for your sakes forgave I it in the person of Christ;

Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices.


*****