Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Why fret over these things you can see?

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

There are many things we, as humans, tend to fret over ...

But God tells us a mystery which by faith we believe.

II Peter 3 ... 3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, 4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation. 5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.  

Do you believe the heavens and the earth will be destroyed?  And if we believe this why then are we fretting over the house that need repair?  or over the ground that needs attention?  

II Peter 3 ...  10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. 11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, 12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat? 13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.
14 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.


If we are among those who know all these things we can see with our natural eye will be destroyed, why fret over keeping them up?  Does it really matter?

Dwell in peace, knowing it doesn't matter.  Most people don't know this but we who are of God do know this.  So why fret?  When we are removed from this present house, we will be "clothed" with our new house provided by God.  All this we see now is temporary.  

==========

Twice recently, my cleaning woman has remarked about the poor work my lawn service is doing on the property.

What cleaning woman has said is certainly true.  Their work is very poor.  But does it hurt anyone?  I live inside my house in peace.  Even with the poor work, I am not troubling my neighbors.  The lawn is mowed so I doubt anyone but me and cleaning woman notice the detail work is not good.

And should I complain to lawn service.  I have asked them to correct work but they don't seem to know how to do this.

I've used them as a service for two years.  I do not consider it can be corrected with them.  I just paid my final bill for this season.  If I'm still on the earth next season, I will look for another lawn service.

At this point to complain would not be charity.

My dad used to say, "If you go to eat at cafe and the food is not good ... just pay your bill and don't go back."

I think there is wisdom here.  No need to fret.  Live in peace.

========== 

My house is 11 years old.  It needs to be painted.  It is stucco.  I asked contractor if he wanted to do the job or did he want me to get someone else.  He said, in January, he wanted to do the job.  It is now October and the job has not even been started.

Contractor also told me the south side of house is going to need repair work, not just painting.

We are rapidly approaching winter.  So time is running out on painting season for outdoor work.

Do I need to feel troubled over this ... or do I really understand that all these things are going to be destroyed, and if I understand that, then why am I troubled?

That is what Peter is saying to us in II Peter 3 ... 14 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.

Why be troubled?  Live in peace.

Do I allow myself to blame contractor who built the house?  Why do that?  It is going to be destroyed anyway.

So I have taken attitude to live in peace ...If it gets fixed, fine. If it doesn't get fixed, fine.  Does it really matter that heirs will not have the money from the house because it falls down?  Not really, since the entire heaven and earth will pass away anyway ...

Why fret over that which is ordained by God to be destroyed.

And why fret over our flesh?  It is not going to be saved along with our soul.  (Pay attention to soul which is for all eternity.)

Those of us who are of God should know this.

Live in peace.