Monday, October 5, 2015

Choosing those things suitable for your purpose

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

I Cor. 6 ... 12 All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient:all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any. 13 Meats for the belly, and the belly for meats:but God shall destroy both it and them.

While it is lawful for me ... it might not be suitable to bring forth the position I have set for myself ... which is to build my house on the word of God ... keeping my emotions under the control of the word of God and keeping my flesh down.

I do not want to be influenced or affected by certain things and certain people ... It is not a good thing.  Therefore I choose not to do certain things for this reason.  (though it is lawful for me to do them I choose not to do them for the results are not good but are bad for my purpose)  For example:  I do not watch newscasts on TV.  I find they cause me to think on wrong things and thinking on the things brought forth in newscasts is unprofitable and distracting ...

Also I am beginning to work the following into my daily life ...

I Cor. 7:31 ... and they that use this world as not abusing / not over indulging / not allowing it to affect my emotions / keep it on a "take or leave" basis, not allowing it to have a power over me.

For all this will pass away ... but the word of the Lord will endure forever.

Therefore why would I focus myself on temporary which is ordained to be taken away ...

These are things brought forth to me this morning as I thought on a scripture called to my attention.  I Cor. 6:13