Friday, October 23, 2015

Jesus said: MY kingdom is not of this world (Jn. 18)

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Is our kingdom of this world?  Don't we sometimes act like it is, fighting and struggling to maintain it as if it were permanent?

Jn. 18 ... 36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world:if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews:but now is my kingdom not from hence.

Those listed in Hebrews 11 had this attitude ...  13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth. 14 For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country. 15 And truly, if they had been mindful of that from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned. 16 But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly:wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God:for he hath prepared for them a city.

Peter also spoke of a new heaven and new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.  II Peter 3 

And in the vision of John in the book of Revelation, John said ... 1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth:for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. 2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. 4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain:for the former things are passed away.
5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write:for these words are true and faithful.
6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. 7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son. 8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone:which is the second death.


By the Bible we see this present heaven and earth ordained to destruction by God.

When we learn to live the truth, "My kingdom is not of this world" (Jn. 18), we enter into a type of peace unknown to others.

I've never been sad to leave a piece of property on this present earth.  I've always been joyous.

Some people try to cling to property as if it is their life.  But when I've moved from one place to another, there has always been a joy, a new adventure, leaving the old behind.  This in itself is proof that I view the situation as follows:  "My kingdom is not of this world." Jn. 18

When I had an accident and needed to go to a rehab hospital for a month after an operation, I was so thankful to be in the hospital for they could take care of my body, which I was not able to do at that time.  But while there, I noticed other patients were always crying out wanting to go to their homes.  I didn't want to go back to my home for I knew I was not able to care for myself as I once did.  Later when I was in better condition, I did return to my home.

I have a current home which is under my supervision at this point in time.  When there is something damaged, if a person shows up capable of fixing the problem and if the price seems reasonable to me, I often fix the problem.  But I don't fret to find someone to fix the problem.  If no one shows up, the problem just sits there.  (I'm not speaking of things like plumbing which I take immediate action to fix.)

But why fret over paint?  Paint does not affect me like a broken toilet.  So when I have something that is not essential to repair, I often do nothing at all until an able worker crosses my path.  It just does not have to be fixed, but if it can be fixed reasonably that is another matter.

Why fret over property?

If we really learn to live, "My kingdom is not of this world," then many things change for us.

I think of this, often daily ... and find it greatly affects my life on this earth ... "My kingdom is not of this world."

Jesus said, in John 18 ... if this present earth was HIS kingdom, "then would his servants fight."

Politics, nations, properties are not my kingdom.  So why fight over such as if it is my kingdom when it is not.  All this is temporary ... everything we can see with our natural eye is temporary.  So we move on as required and as needed and we go forward with joy, not looking back longingly as did Lot's wife who turned into salt.  We are not of this world nor like people of this world who cling to this world.  We cling to the Word of God that endures forever.