Monday, October 12, 2015

Be doer of the word, not deceiving yourselves

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

While it is good to read the Bible and the various scriptures, the important thing is to work those scripture into your life so you are doing them and not just reading them.

The apostle James said:

James 1 ... 22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

There are several scripture I am trying to put into my life right now ... Sometimes when I speak with Pam Padgett, I will find I am about to speak something and that scripture I am working on will rise up in me and I stop myself from speaking by that scripture, not choosing to go that way ... keeping my flesh under control of that scripture.

Other times I will speak and realize it is contrary to that scripture so as Pam is continuing to talk I am mentally reviewing that scripture which I want to do.

I often find myself thinking of that scripture as I sleep ... and as I wake.  It is so important to me to get that way of life deeply rooted in me so I will actually do it.

You can easily deceive yourselves unless you find yourselves doing that scripture.

That writing, "Building your house on word of God", is so important to me.  I read that writing almost daily, thinking about those scriptures, doing them along the day ... I have printed that writing and put it into a clear, plastic refrigerator bag to keep coffee from spilling on it and I keep it on the tray on my wheelchair which I keep beside me so I can reach over and read it again and think on it.

I want to build my house on word of God and I know I have to really work at it to do it.

Josh. 1:8 ... 8 This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein:for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.