Sunday, October 11, 2015

Evil cloaked in cleverness

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Recently I spoke a saying of the former governor of Texas and the woman who heard me say this laughed at the saying.

Immediately I realized this clever saying was evil and I was delighting in evil and not good.

The governor had said:  "If it aint the best it don't belong in Texas."

I have a love of Texas in my heart ... a love of the state flag ... a love of the shape of the state of Texas ...  (irrational, without real substance, but it is there in my heart.  Now I have begun to uproot this by the scriptures and by choosing them over fantasy.)

At that moment I began uprooting all this for:  My kingdom is not of this world ... Jn. 18

Some people love their country and they even go and die for their country.

We, who belong to God are as the people of the Bible.

Heb. 11 ... 13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth. 14 For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country. 15 And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned. 16 But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly:wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God:for he hath prepared for them a city.

The people in Texas are just as evil as the people all over the world ... my love on this matter is irrational and an "image" and not real in substance, for we see the following truth spoken by the apostle John ...

I John 5 ... 19 And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness.
20 And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.
21 Little children, keep yourselves from idols.


Col. 3 ... Set your affection on things above.  Not on things on this earth.

=======

I corrected myself and continue to correct myself.

Jn. 18 ... My kingdom is not of this world.

What is a kingdom?  Defined as:  a realm associated with or regarded as being under the control of a particular person. 

My kingdom:  the church, the Bible, the scriptures, the call of God on my life, the offices to which I am appointed, the gift of the Holy Spirit given me to do the work of God while I am on this earth, the spiritual gift of exhortation


These are the things I must set myself to think on and love, not the things of this world.

Delight yourself in the Word.  Set your affection on things of God, on the Word.  edification, exhortation, comfort to the church, to the people of God.