Sunday, April 7, 2024

πŸ’₯ Sharing with the church daily


(Listed in alphabetical order:)
Items submitted after 8 pm Eastern
will be published the following day.


Joan Boney

Nothing is impossible with God.  The following testimonies show us how God cares for us and works miracles in our lives to help us in times of need.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

 
πŸ’₯ Sandy Kern
 
Psalm 63:3,4
 
3 Because Thy lovingkindness is better than life, my lips shall praise Thee.
 
4 Thus will I bless Thee while I live: I will lift up my hands in Thy name. 

 
 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯  
 
 
 πŸ’₯ Pam Padgett
 
There are very strong winds here today, and hearing the winds blow reminded me of a wonderful way God helped me several years ago.  
 
Early one morning there were power surges, with the electricity going on and off.  Alarms on power strips were sounding.  I got out of bed to unplug various things, and when I walked past one power strip it smelled like something was hot or smoldering.  I unplugged the power strip and turned off and unplugged many other things.   I found that several electrical outlets were not working in various parts of the house.

Electricity is something that scares me, and there were electrical problems throughout the house!  I became completely overwhelmed.
 
So I got back into bed and pulled the covers over my head, feeling unable to deal with anything.  
 
I recall praying that there would be no electrical fires in the house and that God would keep me and my animals safe.  And I told God that I never wanted to get out of bed again, that I just couldn't face dealing with the electrical problems in the house. 
 
From my bed, I could hear extremely strong winds blowing outside.  While listening to the winds, the Holy Spirit said to me  "Just as God is so powerful that HE directs and controls the winds, HE is powerful enough to help you with these problems."
 
As I thought about this and agreed with it, I found myself able to get out of bed.  

Then the Holy Spirit brought to my mind the first thing I should do.  That went well.  Then I was given another thought of what to deal with.  Step by step, I was led by the Holy Spirit in getting all the circuit breakers reset and appliances and devices in the house plugged in and turned on.  
 
When finished, I considered the sequence of steps I was led to take and realized it was the perfect order to get things started safely.  

 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 
 πŸ’₯ Linda Rodgers    

Lamentations 3:22-25 It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because HIS compassions fail not. They are new every morning; great is thy faithfulness. The Lord is my portion, saith my soul, therefore will I hope in Him. The Lord is good unto them that wait for Him, to the soul that seeketh Him.
 
  πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 
 πŸ’₯ Cathy Varner   
 
 This is a situation I believe God worked out for me in a good way.
 
My adult aged daughter and her dog Maggie were living with us for awhile after she moved back to Ohio from another state. Most days she was gone to work and I needed to walk her dog. Maggie was not good at coming when she was called and would often run off and I had to go after her. I was dealing with some physical problems at the time which made walking too difficult for me.
 
My husband and son were fixing up my bike to make it rideable, but I didn’t have much interest in riding it. I was kind of apprehensive about riding while having the dog run along beside on a leash, thinking she’d run in front of the bike or something and cause me to trip. 
 
But one day I finally decided to give it a try and asked God to keep me safe. This turned out to be a great solution. I was comfortable, sitting on the bike and not having to walk. Maggie behaved well, just running alongside, getting much more exercise than I could give her walking her on a leash. And this was very enjoyable for me. I liked being outside and seeing the scenery, sky and trees. And God did keep me safe, I didn’t fall.
 
Comments from Barbara Preston:
 
Reading Cathy’s story about how God helped her when she was taking care of her daughter’s dog, reminded me of a similar story when God helped me with my daughter’s dog. 
 
Amy (daughter) was changing jobs, moving from one state to another and asked me if I would keep her dog while she was preoccupied with this move. This dog was her “baby” and I knew the bond they had with each other. 
 
One day I had made a groom shop appointment for the dog and, as I was getting him out of the car, he started running and just kept going. I hadn’t considered how frightened he was until he took off. 
 
I took off after him, calling him, but that seemed to frighten him even more because when I called him, he would turn around and look at me, then start running again. 
 
He was running parallel to a busy highway, about a foot or so from the edge of the highway and I was terrified that he would run onto the highway and be hit by a car.
 
As I was trying to catch up with him, I was so frightened and tried to imagine how it would be to have to tell my daughter that I had let her dog get killed. 
 
So I started praying as I chased after him, asking God to please keep him from running onto the highway and to please help me catch him. 
 
Right after I prayed this, her dog just stopped running and turned and looked at me and simply stood there like a statue until I was able to get to him and pick him up. 
 
I will never forget what God did that day. In my mind, I can still see it and am so grateful for what God did to help me, as well as my daughter, and her dog.

 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 
  πŸ’₯ Juliett Walton

Psalm 119:165 Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.
 

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯