Monday, April 8, 2024

Podcast: The Holy Spirit shows us the will of God in the matter at hand, and sometime causes us by the Word HE gives us to be able to do that which we could not do.

 

 
 
In 2018, I fell at my house in Texas.  I knew I was badly injured.  I felt my left hip and left wrist were probably broken.  

I managed to roll to my right hip and began trying to slide on a tile floor to the room where I hoped to pull the phone cord and cause the receiver to fall to the floor where I could call and get help.  (I was living alone.)

But it was so painful, I gave up trying.

Then the Holy Spirit said to me:  "You can do this."  

That word from God by HIS Spirit saved my life.  I knew I could do that after hearing those words.  So I began inching my way down that hall toward the phone.  It took 4 1/2 hours to get there but I got to the phone.

When I pulled on the phone cord the phone receiver fell to the floor and I never saw it again.

But a Kindle tablet was under a table charging.  If I could get to that tablet, maybe I could send an email out.  Our small church group was listed.  I did manage to send email:  "Help, fallen."

I lived in Lubbock, Texas.  Pam Padgett, who lived in Colorado Springs, 450 miles away, called police department in Lubbock and explained my call for help.  They sent ambulance and in about 10 minutes I had the help I needed.

Recognizing you've heard the Holy Spirit and understanding the message HE speaks is often critical to us.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯