Saturday, April 13, 2024

Podcast: The Holy Spirit shows us things we are free to enjoy on this present earth

 

 
 
I had my house built in Lubbock, Texas, in approximately 2003.  I put gas logs in the living room fireplace and each time I turned on the logs, I wished I had put wood burning in that fireplace instead of gas. I lived in that house from 2003 until February, 2019.  (16 years)

One day, in approximate 2010, I was stopped at a signal light at an intersection.  A pickup truck carrying firewood pulled up beside me.  I was looking at the wood and thinking, "I wish I had a wood burning fireplace."  And the Holy Spirit said to my mind, "You can have that."

When the Holy Spirit speaks to me, I'm often so surprised for HE speaks things I never before considered.

Of course I could change from gas logs to wood!  All I would have to do is get the Fireplace Store to switch the gas started to log lighter.  Buy fireplace tools and screen.  Order firewood and buy fireplace rack.

Immediately, as soon as I got back to my house I ordered 1/2 cord of firewood to be delivered.

Then I got into my car and drove to The Fireplace Shop and purchased the necessary items and scheduled installation.

Within two weeks the change was made!

1 Timothy 6:17 ... Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy;

As we get older, we sometime try to hold onto all our money.  Paul exhorts us to trust in God to provide.  And know this:  "God gives us richly all things to enjoy."  As a good father, it pleases God when we enjoy something that we can afford instead of being tight-fisted and denying ourselves, thinking we might "need" that money for other things.  If we have God's approval to spend that money, that is all we need, for God knows what we will need in the future and God also delights when we enjoy something on this earth.

Psalm 84:11  For the LORD God is a sun and shield: the LORD will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly.

You can talk it over with God and ask HIM to show you what HE approves in the matter at hand.

If you believe God approves, who can condemn you?  And if God approves, you can move forward "in faith" by that Word HE gives you by the Holy Spirit.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯