Wednesday, April 3, 2024

πŸ’₯ Sharing with the church daily

 
 
(Listed in alphabetical order:)
Items submitted after 8 pm Eastern
will be published the following day.


πŸ’₯ Joan Boney

Isaiah 54:17  No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of ME, saith the LORD.

When I was a newly born again Christian, I saw this scripture.  It is a promise of God.  

At that time, I owned a small business and a man filed a conspiracy charge against me and several other dealers in American Indian Arts and against the cities of Dallas and Fort Worth, Better Business Bureaus. 

He charged us with conspiring to keep him from doing business in Dallas.  He would go from city to city and rent motel rooms and claim to sell authentic American Indian jewelry at less 70%.  

The Dallas Morning News asked me to write an article telling consumers how to protect themselves from frauds because at that time this form of jewelry was very popular in USA.  I made this statement, if anyone came down 70% you had to ask yourself how much they had raised the price to be able to do this.  He sued me for a million dollars but the others for even more.

It was so ridiculous I had trouble taking this seriously ... but then I realized if I ignored the charges, I could end up getting a judgment against me from the US courts and could lose my shop.

I saw that scripture saying no weapon formed against me would prosper.  The legal fees from my own lawyers would put me out of business if I had to continue pay them.

I began to reason that verse of scripture.  Now I'm a Christian so that verse applied to me.  That is a promise from God.  Since no weapon could prosper against me, I decided to dismiss my own lawyers and go to court without human legal counsel.

When I told my lawyer what I was planning, he said, "Joan ... you can't do this.  You don't realize how evil these courts are now.  We are willing to work with you.  It will only take about $10,000 more to try your case."

"$10,000 more!"  I cried out.  "Gordon ... stop ... don't do anything else."

That would have put me back in debt and God had just gotten me out of debt and had shown me to stay out of debt in future.

So I knew it was against the will of God for me to continue with my lawyers and get back into debt.  I would instead do this scripture and trust God to stop this weapon somehow.  

A week later, Gordon came back to my shop and said: "Joan ... we've decided to try your case without any future charge to you."

What is going on here?  I didn't hear Gordon mention anything about God.  

So I prayed,  "God ... what do YOU want me to do?"

I was reminded of the following scripture to show me what God wanted me to do.

Genesis 14:  The king of Sodom offered Abraham a "free" gift.  

Abraham said:  

22 And Abram said to the king of Sodom, I have lift up mine hand unto the LORD, the most high God, the possessor of heaven and earth, 23 That I will not take from a thread even to a shoelatchet, and that I will not take any thing that is thine, lest thou shouldest say, I have made Abram rich:

I knew God was telling me to turn down the "free" legal service, so I did that.

I was very frightened.  But God gave me several scriptures to strengthen me.  I thought on those promises of God day and night and kept these scripture in my mind constantly.  I took these scriptures and recorded them on a cassette tape and when I went to bed put on the tape.  (There were approximately 14 verses and I recorded both sides of the tape.)  When I awoke during the night, I would turn the tape over and play the other side which I had recorded verses given to me by God on it.  

Several weeks passed.

6-days before we were scheduled to go to the court trial, I received a phone call from the law firm that represented the man who was suing me.  The lawyer said, "I'm calling you because you don't have a lawyer.  Our client dropped all charges."  I asked, "Did he drop the charges against me or against everyone else too."  The lawyer said, "He cut everyone lose."

"We tried to get him not to sue you for he had no grounds against you but he was like a mad man.  He wouldn't listen to us."

Now it was over!

My former lawyer came to my shop after this.  He said he wanted me to know they had discussed what happened at the law firm and he wanted me to know they believed what I said happened did happen.  "No weapon formed against me would prosper."

That was approximately 1977.  I've seen that scripture happen many times in the next 40+ years.

The Bible is not a history book.  The promises of God are real and powerful and effective when we believe.

God used this court situation to begin teaching me about faith in God.  

There would be many big battles in the future but God always gave me scripture and I believed that scripture and no battle ever overcame those words God gave me about the situations.

When we hear from God and believe God and do what God says to us, we overcome through God.

Revelation 3:5  Jesus says:  He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before MY Father, and before HIS angels.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯



 
πŸ’₯ Sandy Kern
 
Philippians 3:13-14  Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
 
14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.


1 Corinthians 9:24   Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth
the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.

prize - a reward striven for
strive - to make an effort; to contend

 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 πŸ’₯ Beth Martin
 
Deuteronomy 13:4  Ye shall walk after the LORD (the Word) your God, and fear HIM, and keep HIS commandments, and obey HIS voice, and ye shall serve HIM, and cleave unto HIM.
 
 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯  
 
 
 πŸ’₯ Pam Padgett
 
Isaiah 55:7 Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the Lord, and He will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for He will abundantly pardon.   
 
8 For My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways, saith the Lord.  
 
9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts.

 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 
 πŸ’₯ Linda Rodgers    
 
Matthew 18-19  Jesus says ...  Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching anything that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of My Father which is in heaven. For where two or three are gathered together in My name, there am I in the midst of them.
 
  πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 
 πŸ’₯ Cathy Varner   
 
 1 Corinthians 1

26  For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:
27  But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
28  And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:
29  That no flesh should glory in His presence.
 

 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 
  πŸ’₯ Juliett Walton
 
Psalm 33

18 Behold, the eye of the Lord is upon them that fear HIM, upon them that hope in HIS mercy;

19 To deliver their soul from death, and to keep them alive in famine.

20 Our soul waiteth for the Lord: He is our help and our shield.

21 For our heart shall rejoice in Him, because we have trusted in His holy name.
(The Word)

22 Let Thy mercy, O Lord, be upon us, according as we hope in Thee.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯