Thursday, April 11, 2024

πŸ’₯ Sharing with the church daily

 
(Listed in alphabetical order:)
Items submitted after 8 pm Eastern
will be published the following day.


πŸ’₯  Joan Boney

Matthew 13  Jesus says:

44 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; the which when a man hath found, he hideth, and for joy thereof goeth and selleth all that he hath, and buyeth that field.

45 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodly pearls: 46 Who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it.

Nothing is as valuable to us as the Kingdom of God.  No one is as valuable as the kingdom of God. If we have that, we have everything though we have nothing.  But if we lose that we have nothing, though we have everything.

Matthew 16:26  Jesus says:  For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

Revelation 3:5  Jesus says:  He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before HIS angels.

Matthew 23  Jesus says:  14 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.

15 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

 
πŸ’₯ Sandy Kern

3 John v. 2   Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.
 
 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 πŸ’₯ Beth Martin
 
Psalm 27:14  Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and He shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.
 
 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯  
 
 
 πŸ’₯ Pam Padgett
 
A few days ago I planned to file my income taxes in the afternoon. But I found myself to be very tired. So I took a nap instead.

As I was waking from my nap, 2 things were going through my mind ... that God supplies all our need and that HE gives rest to His children.

Philippians 4:19  But my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

Psalm 127:1  Except the Lord build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the Lord keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain.
2 It is vain for you to rise up early, to sit up late, to eat the bread of sorrows: for so He giveth His beloved sleep.


I obviously had a need to rest, for it's very unusual for me to want to sleep or to be able to sleep during the day. And God provided a space of time when I was able to rest, providing for this need.
 
I feel sure had I insisted on filing my taxes that day, it would have been a struggle and frustrating and I may not have even been able to complete doing this. 
 
But the next day I felt rested and was able to file my taxes with no problem.

 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 
 πŸ’₯ Barbara Preston

A few days ago I shared the story of how God helped me when I was keeping my daughter’s dog and the dog got away from me, running dangerously close to traffic. 
 
Yesterday my husband, myself, and my son, who is visiting for a few days, were sitting in the living room talking and the subject of dogs came up. 
 
My son was saying something, it may have been having to do with dogs, but I’m not sure because, as I was sitting there, all of a sudden, I felt this strong desire to tell him how God had helped me with his sister’s dog. I had not thought about telling this until this desire came over me to tell it. 

I believe this was the Holy Spirit leading me to do this. So when he finished talking, I told the story.
 
Later, in thinking about what had happened, I was reminded of the scripture where it says in I Thessalonians 5:19  Quench not the Spirit.  
 
Quench means to put out; extinguish; eliminate. 
 
Not holding back, not quenching His Spirit, but simply speaking that which we believe God has given us to speak. 
 
God knows what that person needs to hear … we don’t. 
 
We don’t know how God will use that which comes forth by His Spirit. We don’t have to know. God knows. And that is sufficient. 
 
We just share that which we believe God has given us to share. 

(JB ... It is very important to learn to "Yield" to that which the Holy Spirit calls to our mind and speak or do that.)

 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 
 πŸ’₯ Linda Rodgers    
 
Proverbs 3:19-20  The Lord by wisdom hath founded the earth; by understanding hath He established the heavens. By His knowledge the depths are broken up, and the clouds drop down the dew. 
 
  πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 
 πŸ’₯ Cathy Varner   
 
One time my son had got a physical on a Wednesday, and they gave him 2 vaccinations, tetanus and something else. On Sunday he began to feel ill and had a fever. He thought it might have been from the vaccinations. I was concerned that he not be able to go to work, because he’d already had that previous week off and he had new hires to train. And it was a new position in the company for him, doing this training.
 
I prayed a lot for him, wanting him to be ok and be able to go to work on Monday. I texted him on Monday to see how he was. He said he felt a lot better, the fever broke, and he did go to work. I was so relieved and thankful.
 
 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 
  πŸ’₯ Juliett Walton
 
Proverbs 16:1 The preparations of the heart in man, and the answer of the tongue, is from the Lord.

2 All the ways of a man are clean in his own eyes; but the Lord weigheth the spirits.

3 Commit thy works unto the Lord, and thy thoughts shall be established.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯