Friday, January 23, 2015

How the Holy Spirit works

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

When I was about 5 years old, I went to my aunt and asked her:  "Where is that line in the Bible that says, 'The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.'? "

My parents did not attend church.  When we visited this aunt I would go to church with her.  There were no Bibles in our home.

But obviously God was working with me by HIS Spirit even at a very early age.

The Spirit of God transcends all barriers and goes as God directs to those individuals as God wills.

The Spirit of God works by putting thoughts into the mind of the individual just as this thought came into my mind when I was a young child.

Many church people do not understand this working of the Holy Spirit.

It is a part of the following promise made by God to the NT church, the NT covenant.

16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them; 17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.  Heb. 10

26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. Jn. 14:26

The individual just goes about on this earth and the Holy Spirit (by the will of God) puts something into his mind to teach him about God or to show him the way to go in the specific issue of life with which he is currently dealing.

We often think we just know what to do, not even realizing the Holy Spirit is leading us and has planted in our mind what to do.

And this can happen at a very early age even when we have no Bible and do not attend a Christian church.

The Holy Spirit searches the heart of God and reveals God's thoughts on the issue at hand to us, who are called of God.

I Cor 2 ...  9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. 10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit:for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. 11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. 12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.