Wednesday, January 7, 2015

The working of the Holy Spirit in us

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

When I was born again, in 1975, I had no knowledge at all of the Holy Spirit and the working of the Holy Spirit.  I had lived my life prior to that by learning from other humans.

Shortly after I was born again, God called two scriptures to my attention to show what the Holy Spirit in the believer does for the believer.

Jn. 14:26 ... 26But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Jn. 16:13 ... 13Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

God began teaching me to listen for the Holy Spirit and to depend on the Holy Spirit rather than depending on humans.

The Holy Spirit in us searches the mind of God to know what God is thinking about the events of our lives and what we are currently going though.  If we can know the will of God in the issues of this life, then we can know what decision to make.

We can know the will of God through that which the Spirit of God brings to our mind.  (Jn. 14:26)  For the Spirit of God reminds us of things (scriptures and perhaps events) which show us the heart of God on the matter at hand.  Thus we can follow God by HIS Spirit as we continue in this present life.

For example:  One of my neighbors misunderstood something and was very unhappy with me.  I was considering sending her a note to try to explain the situation and I had been praying about sending this note to her when the Holy Spirit reminded me of a scripture and when I looked up that scripture I knew exactly what God wanted me to do concerning this neighbor.

Here is that scripture:  Mt. 15 ...  Every plant, which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up. 14Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.

I saw God was telling me:  Let her alone. (So that is exactly what I did.)

In the mid to late 1970's, I owned a business, American Indian Arts.  I would go out to the reservations to buy items for the shop.  I learned to trust God in the purchase of merchandise.  I would pray before going out asking God to show me what to buy.  When I examined the various items, I found I would be very strongly drawn to certain items.  I bought those.  When returning to Dallas where my business was located, I prayed for God to bring in the people to buy the items.  Everything always sold.  This is the way I operated my business, depending on God and learning to follow the Spirit of God in making these decisions.

The Spirit of God guides us into all truth ... teaches us all things ... I really believe that.  I live by that in all situation.

I've experienced several times the Holy Spirit showing me things to come.  Once in a dream, I was shown when my mother fell the second time, her life would end.  When that happened to her, I knew it was over.  In less that 2 months, after the second fall, she died.

Another time in a dream, it looked like I would be destroyed ... In the dream, a meteor was hovering outside my kitchen window of the house I was building.  Then it lifted and went over the top of the house.  I thought it would explode on the other side and destroy the house and me but it didn't explode.  Nothing happened. 

That is exactly what happened in real life in a situation when I was having this current house built where I now live.  The cost of construction went over the price and I lacked $35,000 to pay for the construction.  I was going to put the house up for sale without living in the house but I was reminded of the following scripture by the Holy Spirit ...

Isa. 65 ...  21And they shall build houses, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and eat the fruit of them. 22They shall not build, and another inhabit; they shall not plant, and another eat: for as the days of a tree are the days of my people, and mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands.  23They shall not labour in vain, nor bring forth for trouble; for they are the seed of the blessed of the LORD, and their offspring with them.   


Without my asking for the money, one of our church members came to me and said she had this money and she loaned me the $35,000 to pay the contractor.  Within 6 months, I had enough money to repay her for the entire loan.  Years later when we spoke of this in remembrance, she told me I had never asked her for the money but rather she just couldn't sit there having that money in her savings knowing I had a need.

God and the Holy Spirit working ...

For the past 30+ years, I have lived by the Spirit this way, taught by God the ways the Holy Spirit works in behalf of the child of God.

Romans 8 ... 14For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.


Recently a woman in our little church group told me she had been making mistakes because she didn't want to do anything wrong.  I replied:  "If you don't want to do anything wrong then follow the Spirit of God who is never wrong."  (Apparently she had been depending on people and her own thinking and one thing after another had proven to be wrong as she tried to do right but was following people and her own thinking rather than taking matters to God and following HIM.)