Friday, January 2, 2015

Psalm 50:15

Psalm 50:15 And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me.

Comments by Pam Padgett

As I read this promise from God that He will help us when we turn to Him with the various problems we face, I realized that this is exactly what I have seen in my life.  Each time I have turned to God, He has helped me according to His will.  Sometimes the way of deliverance from the problem has been immediate, and sometimes it has come days or months later, but always by the time it was needed. 

I thought back on many times I have turned to God with a problem.  Without exception God has helped me, often in ways far better and easier than I imagined possible when I prayed. 

One example ... A couple years ago my elderly 90-pound dog climbed to the top of a staircase, but his hips gave way and he started slipping/falling down the stairs.  I was able to block his fall with my body, but was unable to move him either up or down the stairs because he was so heavy.  And if I moved, he would have continued falling and was in great danger of being seriously injured.  The dog and I were stuck on the staircase.  I cried out to God for help.  A thought came telling me how to gently straighten his legs and then ease him down the stairs one at a time.  Even though he was so heavy, I was able to do this and get him down the stairs without injuring him.   

Another example ... Recently I was having very painful headaches.  I turned to God asking for help.  My attention was drawn to the pain being behind my eyes and I believed I was being shown to go to an eye doctor.  The prescription of my glasses needed to be changed, but it would be 7-10 days before the new glasses were ready and the headaches continued.  But then I was reminded to pray each time a headache started.  Each time I prayed, the headache either went away or I was shown something to do (such as eat or take an aspirin) and when I did this, the headache went away. 

I found it strengthening to think on God helping me, time after time throughout my life, when I have cried out to Him.  

1 Peter 5:7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.