Monday, January 19, 2015

Holy Spirit guides into all truth, even truth man tries to hide

Pam Padgettteacher

John 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

The Holy Spirit guides us into all truth.   

The flesh tries to suit itself and make itself look good, and people who are led by the flesh sometimes do not tell the truth.  But nothing is hidden from God and He is able to show us truth, even truth that man tries to hide. 

At one point the roof of my house was damaged by hail.  The insurance company had paid for the roof to be repaired based on what an adjuster had submitted, but the roofer said a new roof was needed.  Roofs of houses all around my house were being replaced, and I thought the roofer was probably correct about my roof.  The roofer spoke with the insurance company more than once, yet the matter was not resolved.  The roofer said that the insurance company was being unreasonable and hard to work with and wouldn't pay for a new roof. 

It looked like that the insurance was the problem as the roofer had said.  I turned to God asking Him what to do.  Then one morning I woke with instructions in the form of a thought from the Holy Spirit ... to ask the roofer to submit an estimate for a new roof, and for me to send an email to the insurance company telling them about my neighbors' roofs being replaced and that I had asked my roofer to submit an estimate for a new roof. 

That morning I sent an email to the insurance company and called the roofer.  Surprisingly, the roofer became upset when I asked him to submit an estimate for a new roof saying this would waste his time because the insurance company wouldn't pay for this.  He told me to find another roofer.  I called another roofer who, after examining the roof, prepared an estimate for a new roof.  This took only a few minutes.

Soon after receiving my email and the estimate for a new roof a man from the insurance company called to tell me they were preparing a check to cover a new roof.  He said they had needed an estimate for the cost to replace the roof and that he had repeatedly asked the first roofer to submit this, but that roofer had refused to do it.  Now that they had an estimate, there was no problem in paying for the new roof.  Within a few days I received a check for a new roof. 

The Holy Spirit guided me into truth in this matter by giving me instructions in what to do.  As I did these things, truth about the matter became apparent ... the first roofer's refusal to submit an estimate for a new roof was the problem.  Everything fell into place when the first roofer was no longer involved and the second roofer submitted the estimate, and I found the insurance company was actually very reasonable and easy to work with.