Friday, January 23, 2015

God's word to us is higher than our own ideas

Pam Padgettteacher

Psalm 61:2 From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I.

When we are faced with problems, we turn to God, seeking HIS help.  Our own ideas may lead us in the completely wrong way in the situation, or may fail to bring the help we need.  We can't rely on our own ideas. 

But we can safely turn to God and rely on the word He gives to us.  Much higher than our own ideas, the word we receive from God will never fail.  That word is solid, a rock.  It is exactly what we need at that exact time and will lead us in the best way for us, bringing about the purpose of God in what we are facing.   

Isaiah 55:8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. 9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

10 For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: 11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.